gwhitey

Apr 11, 2005
Hi everyone, i've just joined this site so be nice.
Anyway i have a problem, i have a Husky CR125 2000 model. A few months ago i noticed their was a grey creamy oil coming out of the overflow pipe, my friend said it was probably the head gasket. We took the head off and replaced the head gasket but i also replaced the base gasket and bought new little ends and piston ring.
I then flushed the engine and replaced the oil. When i took it out for a few hours to run it in i checked the oil and it is starting to go creamy again. My friend said it could just be where the engine could of done with more flush and there is some cream left on the metal.
I am not sure though, does anyone have any idea what else it could be?
Any help who really be appreciated.
Thanks

Taliesin

May 11, 2000
I would not listen too much to your friend.He knows little about 2 strokes

This motor has no oil in the engine section to contaminate the coolant.The gearbox & engine section are seperate.The contamination into the gearbox oil can only come from the water pump area ie the pump shaft seal.It probably needs replacing.

Unknown Ctrl

Jan 24, 2002
If it is murky grey it is highly probable that the water pump shaft seal is leaking.

Never been into one on the new 2 stroke Huskys, but pretty easy to get and replace one a KTM.

I would contact a Husky shop to see if they have any recommendations

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom