HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
There are two (drain/vent?) tubes on my bike that come from the power valve and are routed down the front of the frame. I noticed that one has a plug in it and the other doesn't. Does anyone know if they are both suppose to be plugged?

husq555

Oct 24, 2001
One is a vent, one is a drain. The one with the plug is a drain, you should take the plug out and clean out the sludge periodically and reinstall the plug. I'm pretty sure the owner's manual covers that. Follow the maintainence notes in there and you'll never have a problem with your bike.

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
Now I’m wondering. Why cant you just take the plug out and leave it out which is what we did. As I remember, the bike didn’t even make it through a two-hour hare scramble before the power valve was sludged up the first time. After removing the plug the bike has run great the rest of the year.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Originally posted by husq555
One is a vent, one is a drain. The one with the plug is a drain, you should take the plug out and clean out the sludge periodically and reinstall the plug. I'm pretty sure the owner's manual covers that. Follow the maintainence notes in there and you'll never have a problem with your bike.

I do pull the plug and let it drain occasionally, but I bought it used and don't have the owner's manual. I bought the shop manual, and while it tells me how to completely take apart and reassymble the power valve, it doesn't seem to mention the tubes at all.
What happens if you plug both? I'm considering this for the next time I ride when it is wet out.

Top Bottom