Amadeus

Apr 10, 2003
I have a '93 Husky WXC360 in really great shape except for one thing. Im having issues with getting the bike to shift from 1st to 2nd. I pull in the clutch to shift and it takes 3 or 4 pumps of the shifter to get it out of 1st. I dont have this problem with any other gear Nor do I have a problem down shifting. I have the proper clutch cable adjustment, fresh tranny oil, and nothin(externally) is bent or obstructed.

Just thought I would ask you guys for ideas before I pulled the cover to look for bent shift drum fork or anything else out of the ordinary.

Thanks in advance

CagivaWMX

Apr 16, 2002
I was having a similar problem with my new CR 250 Husky, it started getting worse and worse and getting stuck in neutral and would take three or four clicks to get into second. I believe the 250 and 360 probably share the same shifting mechanism and Husqvarna hasn't changed bottom end since it was called a Cagiva. Anyway, we questioned all your same issues and that possibly a particle of something was in the gear box. After tearing the whole thing apart it was found that a screw on the shifting mechanism had came loose. It couldn't fall all the way out because it just backed itself into something else inside the engine and it was simply lose enough to not allow every shift to register. Loc-titing and tightening this screw was all that was required to get my gear box back to working perfectly and having all 5 gears.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom