highmileage

Jun 17, 2004
I have been giving some serious thought to purchasing an 04 Husky CR125 to race off road (GP's and Hare Scrambles) in the 0-200 cc class. Having that in mind, I have the following goals and parameters:

1) Goal to make as linear and as broad of power as possible (can use +cc's, porting, compression, pipe, etc to accomplish this)

My initial thought was an FMF Fatty pipe with TCII muffler, porting, reed spacer, and 144cc kit.

Guide me and give me your expert opinions.

Peak horsepower is probably not an area for required gains via mods.

Vince Stokes

May 30, 2002
Uptite are suppose to have a bigger than 144 kit.I have not ridden a 125 for years,in the past they
lacked grunt,bigger bore usually sorts that.They are raving about them on Thunper talk,must be a good thing.
Vince

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
I was at Uptite a few years ago, and one of his personal rides was a 125 with a big piston and ignition; the latter had at least two settings. He liked riding this bike over his others at the time, even for desert.

Trail Rider did a test on the WR125 - oh 2 years ago or so. They like the FMF for grunt and PC for top. Their S/As cannot be mixed, same with stock. So matching is mandatory. I have the article if you want a copy.

highmileage

Jun 17, 2004
Everything I find is for the 00-02 models. I have seen several test articles on the 04's, however I cannot find pipes, etc for them. Help!

Top Bottom