i am so stupid

dirtbikr99

Nov 21, 2002
i was in a rush changing my front break pads after i just rebuild the motor and but on new revalved suspention on my cr 125 and the brake pad pin had a flat head screw driver thing instead of the usual alen wrench well long story short i stripped it cant get it out....i am scared to use heat on my caliper and i do not have a screw extracter, any tips or ideas would help....i need to ride tomorrow and i need the new pads on

B

biglou

Can you cut a bigger slot in the head with a hacksaw or a die grinder and cutoff wheel? Might be able to use a giant flat blade screwdriver to remove it if you can. Let some penetrating oil seep into the threads every so often. This will help. Probably wind up going the ez-out route tho...

NWetRider

Sep 24, 2004
I think what you are seeing is the plug that goes in front of the pin, at least that is how it is on my bike. I had to use a dremmel tool with the cut off wheel to clean up the notch and make it deeper. Then I bought a really big screwdriver and finally got it off. If that fails you might have to break out the drill and be really careful.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…