jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
If we can just get that dang ole rain to slack off for a week here in N. TX I might just get to enjoy this weather. :| I swear it has been raining every weekend for the last 5 weeks!

I am sooooooo ready to go ride! The bike is cleaned up and ready to go, all of my gear is washed, I got a new helmet, new rear tire, and new goggles - all I need is a clear weekend and I can capture the very essence of what Okie wrote about.

-jeffd

Last edited:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I dream about wicking it wide open on the face of a jump everyday.
I can relate. NOT!!! LOL.

Battered Sav

~SPONSOR~
Nov 16, 2000
We… those nuts riding dirtbikes, refuse to, grow up… maybe? But. We are having one hell of a good time.
two lines, so much meaning, thanks Okie.

slickhenry

Jul 13, 2001
Booyaaahhhh!!
I live in Western Washington and have been riding in rain all winter but I absolutely LOVE spring!!! I get it every year! There is nothing like enjoying the beutiful Northwest from a dirt bike with your friends and family!

DahlElama

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2001
Over the winter my suspension was dialed in for me by LTR. My Xmas was a dirtgear spree. And the dirt here right now... it's so moist and ready I could eat it with a spoon. I even have my own bike hauler now. However, I have had to pass up several rides this year already, and have yet to go churn some spring soil. Busy like you wouldn't believe, and preparing to get busier. I'm at the office right now cranking it out with my team. Always alert to signs of danger... my wife has noticed that I hang my head and kick rocks when my buds call and I have to tell them "can't go". She reminded me today that nothing clears my mind and body of stress like when I get on the bike. She told me... "you simply have to make the time to ride, you love it and it makes you happy". So the point of all this 'my life on a bar knapkin' post is... yup.. I agree. life IS what you make it. Riding makes me a better person period. I'm taking next Friday off...maybe even Thursday. I'm going riding!

Time to Ride.....

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Man okiewan you covered it.

I had the perfect day today. I woke up and went outside. Perfect it was 55 degrees at 7:00 A.M.

I went to Rocky Hilll CT today and had a blast. Perfect weather if you ask me. About 70 degrees top today.

My bike ran perfect. I didn't crash :confused: and had a ball. Great people like you said.

Being outside in the spring time. There is just a certain smell in the air or somthing that makes you just want to be outside. I got home and even though i was very tired i washed my bike and just stayed outside to relax. Man it doesnt get any better than this.

Oh yeah it does. Spring vacation this week.!!!!!

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
2 perfect riding days here also. We had 4 familys out at the friends place today. My boys steped it up a notch this week end, now I cant loose them anymore on the track. Pretty soon, I will be the one trying to keep up! Life is good

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Okiewan
Leaving tomorrow at 3:00 (yup, 20 minute drive) will be home by 7:00.

I got the afternoon off, so I'll be there. Wear your chest protector buddy :)

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
Originally posted by WaltCMoto
My boys steped it up a notch this week end, now I cant loose them anymore on the track. Pretty soon, I will be the one trying to keep up! Life is good

It doesn't take them long to figure it out. :) Seems like it takes no time at all for them to get that competitive spirit and want to roost dad :D

mackay

Jan 7, 2002
Its on Its Way

Well waaaayyyy up here in the North East its starting to get nice...yeah there is still snow on some of the trails and yeah its muddy but its not really cold and it feels good to get out again
06.gif

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
Went to one of our favorite ride spots on Sunday, and it was wall to wall goo. I don't mind some mud, but you couldn't even tell what kind of bikes other guys were riding. My son rode out, short-cutted most of the course, came back to the truck and said, "I ain't goin' back out there!" We ate our lunch and headed home.

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Riding season is here in the Inland NW too!!!

We made it through the Mud Fling two weeks ago without much damage - Karl's fork seals started leaking but no injuries or serious damage to bikes or bods. Talk about Goo! I got stuck so bad it took 3 guys helping me to drag my bike out of one hole. I'll get the pics up soon thanks to my sweet old Auntie who could hardly contain herself watching us.

First SX race was Saturday and my son almost made it to the Main in the 80 Beginner's Class - missed by 1 bike length in the LCQ needed 4th but placed 5th in the moto.

First Mica ride was Sunday. Karl, my son and I went for a quick snow check. Snow won't be a problem in a couple more days, downed trees and sloppy loggers will remain a problem for awhile though.

And, the daffodils are getting ready to bloom!!!!! :aj:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
83°F
Mostly Clear
Wind:SSW 9 mph
Humidity:50%
Real Feel:80°F
Barometer:29.98 inHg
Visibility:10 mi
UV:0.10

:aj:

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Last Saturdays ride was in the mountains up above the desert here, and we still baked! Over 80 degrees! Dusty too! But worth every mile!

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
Man I tell you what even though it
was either raining or just plain wet
during last Sunday`s ride just being
on my bike was well worth it.
Riding season is here.
RIDE ON MY FRIENDS

Top Bottom