I give up! My KDX needs a diaper!

CarpetMan

Sep 1, 2003
I have done all the recommended fixes for a peeing carb. New needle, cleaned and checked seat, adjusted float level for the fourth time, still peeing! I would just shut off the petcock but here's the even stranger part.....with the carb off and the petcock set to OFF..no gas will come out of the petcock, not even a drop. When I put the carb back on and turn the gas ON, then turn it back to the OFF position which I marked just to be sure I was at the exact right spot....it starts peeing again!!! What the heck is going on????

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
Try tapping the carb with the butt end off a screwdriver while it is happening and see if it stops. If it does, then the floats are hanging up some how. Not sure but are these floats hollow and can they spring a leak or get filled in any way? Try taking the floats off and see if they do float in a cup of your two stroke mix. You might just order a new float anyway and try that.

est142

Dec 30, 2003
when i put my carb back on after cleaning etc., i have to rotatate it as far counter cloockwise as possible. push the top of the carb as deep into the bike as you can,before you tighten the boot clamps.any kdx will pee if it is on the kickstand, and you tilt it just a little bit more.

Mrobbins

~SPONSOR~
Sep 28, 2002
Funny had the same problem yesterday (97 KDX220). Put in a 40 pilot in and put the carb back together. No leaks and the motor ran nice. Took off the silencer and replaced the packing and put that back together. Turned on the gas to test fire and gas was pouring out one vent house. Gave the carb a few taps and turned the fuel on and off. Still pee'd everytime it was on. Took the carb apart again, pulled out the floats and put it back together and she worked fine no leaks. Something was just hanging up the floats I guess.

Top Bottom