I got to meet one of the KTM privateers today

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
I went to Shady Grove, a local POS track, and had the pleasure of meeting Michael Gelagotis.  He just relocated to the DFW area two weeks ago.  You won't find a nicer person.  He borrowed a wrench from me to help a fellow enthusiast that just arrived and had broken down.  As Mike put it, "I hate to see someone come out to ride and have to settle with watching others ride".

His pro number is 911.  He was allowed to run that number after spending 16 days at Ground Zero assisting the search efforts with his rescue dog. :thumb:

Oh yeah... No big surprise....  he loves Jeremy's suspension work!!!  :yeehaw:

I can't wait to watch him race the 125 and 250 class here in Dallas

rockchucker

Nov 17, 1999
Here's a pic of Mike (#911) from today Twinspar. Mike and I *might* have some helmetcam footage tomorrow. Anyway, That is Jeffd in the middle and the one with the stupid look on their face is yours truly. Twinnie is right, Mike is a standup guy. Support your locals!
:thumb:

mikeg.jpg

Last edited:

psycho

King Rot-Gut
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2000
How come I never see anyone cool at "Blue Groove".. Have to look this fella up at the SX and wish him luck.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Man, who's that goofy lookin spode in the middle? Looks like a real idiot...

Did he do that big triple on the back side? The one way off in the distance? Twinny, we need to try and find him in the pits at the Dallas SX, I'd like to meet this guy.

TMax

Nov 4, 2002
Originally posted by Timr

Nice 'Fro Gomer.  :)

DOH! I thought insulting Gomer was bad... Man, I was going after something like only a dog would choose a Honda over a Yamaha. But then, it is Gomer's sister. I would bet money that she could ride better than Gomer... Takers?

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Better watch out, she's your worst {...} nightmare! She's a {Pyle} with a badge, that means she's got permission to kick your {butt} whenever she feels like it!

She's also 6' tall and a lot better shot than I am, but not as "bouyant".

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
It was a good ride and a pleasure to meet Mike. Many thanks to rock chucker and Mike for showing this old spode the fast way around the track. We need to do that again!

YZGirl15 - you better watch it! Or Sunday after the SX you will be eating a veritable feast of roost from the mighty 426!

-jeffd

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Originally posted by jeffd

YZGirl15 - you better watch it! Or Sunday after the SX you will be eating a veritable feast of roost from the mighty 426!

-jeffd

We'll just have to see about that...

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Roost me jeffd! Please. Maybe on my butt! I want a nice freestyle outfit. Why do I always hang out at the bathrooms to hold rider's bikes up whilst they take a leak?

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Cool story about Mike and his pro number! Will he be trying to qualify for Dallas this weekend? If so... go Mike!

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by a454elk
Roost me jeffd! Please. Maybe on my butt! I want a nice freestyle outfit. Why do I always hang out at the bathrooms to hold rider's bikes up whilst they take a leak?

Elk - Why do you always start up with the butt, you fruitcake?

Go back to your clubhouse with the curtains and flowers and stop trying to stir up trouble in the public forums! :flame: :eek:

I guess I need to start designing a bike for you now too, eh? The existing members of PitSally.com are getting a littlle lonely!

-jeffd

Last edited:

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Originally posted by rockchucker
Nikki - yes Mike will be qualifying. He's riding somewhat injured but he's giving it a go.

What time are the qualifiers? I'd like to try and be there for them if possible this year.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Hey, wtf, alright Twinny, this means war Mr. Post Changer.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Wacko!  You've tried this off the wall crap before and tried to pin it on others.  It ain't gonna cut it no more.  This was a good thread until you showed up! ;)

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Also, let's root our buddy rockchucker on! 
He too is givin' it a go at Dallas this weekend. :thumb:

Give 'em hell, Aaron!   :aj:

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
A ride report would rock Aaron! :aj: Some insider/first hand experience of the Dallas track would definately be interesting. :thumb: Good Luck!

rockchucker

Nov 17, 1999
Definitely. Pre-entry practice starts today. Noon is the trackwalk. I'm literally waiting on fedex to arrive as they have my procard.. i'm about ready to chew my fingers off. Anyway i'll see what i can do.

Top Bottom