I got to meet one of the KTM privateers today

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
If I go to a race and spectate, I'm a spectator.

If I go to a track and ride, I'm a rider.

If I sign up for a race and do my best to compete, I'm a racer. I may just be a rider next week or a spectator the week after that, but today I'm a racer.

If someone has the balls and the ability to sign up and try to qualify for a pro race then, dammit, they are a pro. Next week they may be a local fast guy, but today they're a pro.

From what I've read and been told, Rockchucker has earned that title.

Now, if someone signs up for a pro card with no intention of trying to compete at that level but tries to tell people they are, then they're a poser. Until I hear from this Micky guy himself, though, I'm not going to believe it.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Originally posted by IAMWFO
Rich, I have no stick up my arse,...but thanks for the kind words.
Not exactly what I expected from you.
Rich 101:

I can tell you *exactly* what to expect from Rich because his actions are based completely on his very strong beliefs and opinions with absolutely no influence from others' take on them.

If someone is putting forth their best effort, whether it is trying to qualify for a pro race or trying to change their first spark plug, Rich is behind them...and I don't mean casually behind them.  I mean solidly behind them with everything he's got as long as they are giving it everything they've got.

It's kind of like having your best friend as a spotter when lifting weights.  As long as you're trying your hardest, Rich will be there trying his hardest to help you if you need it.  But, as soon as you say, "Hey, spotter, get off your butt and lift this for me!" you can expect that he'll lift it high enough to drop on your neck.

By the same token, it doesn't matter if you're Arnold or the president of the Power Lifters Association, if you're making negative remarks about a guy who's on the bench giving it everything he's got, *expect* Rich to come over and drop a barbell on *your* neck.

Plryz250

Apr 26, 2003
Then you know how hard it is to get! Also I cannot believe the slam fest agaist these two guys. I would have thought DNR wouldnt tolerate outright attacks. Guess not. Kinda sad :(... But off topic now. I here its going to be one hell of a battle in vegas! Cant wait!!!!

Plryz250

Apr 26, 2003
Originally posted by Thump
cp380sx, IAMWFO.... you guys are dead on. Thanks for letting the truth be known. I was at the Dallas SX too... he never made it to the track. Rockchucker said he did 1/2 lap before brake failure but I did not see it. I do know he did make it on the track. http://www.11000rpm.com/dallassx/ride1.jpg

I know Aaron is fast and I am sure the other guy is too, but neither of them are "Pro's" even though they have their pro cards.

Plryz250, you are jumping IMWFO's a$$ and I will promise you he that knows WAY more about the sport and process and what it takes to get a pro card tha you will ever know.

Then you know how hard it is to get! Also I cannot believe the slam fest agaist these two guys. I would have thought DNR wouldnt tolerate outright attacks. Guess not. Kinda sad ... But off topic now. I here its going to be one hell of a battle in vegas! Cant wait!!!!

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by taraker
I got my pro card today, my new national number is 11,426.8 :think:

I am now a pro smack talker and all you can kiss my :eek:
we've been doing that for a long time pal, times are gonna change! :p

cp380sx

Jan 12, 2001
Originally posted by Plryz250
Then you know how hard it is to get! Also I cannot believe the slam fest agaist these two guys. I would have thought DNR wouldnt tolerate outright attacks.

There is only one guy getting slammed around here and it's YOU Mickey!

I believe Plryz250 is actually Mickey Gelogotis. Some of the stuff he said in his first post sounds very reminisant of the BS I've heard Mickey G spout.

326mx

Mar 25, 2002
DUM DUM DUMMMM

Perhaps it was Charles in the kitchen with dull butterknife!!!

Way to go Aaron. You are living my dream and the dream of anyone who has ever thrown their leg over a bike. I salute you because i bet it was not an easy thing to do or else everyone would do it. Keep it up.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Are we playing "how many times can we put DFW KTM in a post" ?

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Originally posted by taraker
I got my pro card today, my new national number is 11,426.8

Here's a picture of the professional smack master...

promatt.jpg

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by Okiewan
Are we playing "how many times can we put DFW KTM in a post" ?
Scotty Hanes of Performance Factory was a proud sponsor of DW02 and I'd like to thank him for that.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
And he sponsors me too. Way to go Scotty! He does do excellent work.

Top Bottom