babycleatus

Oct 19, 2004
I finally bought a kdx 200, and it is spotless. it has tons of power and I love it, but i noticed that it was leaking alot of gas out of one of the carbuerator vent tube. so I took the carbeurator apart and realized that the entire carbuerator was cover with nasty varnished 2 stroke gas. it took me 2 cans of B 12 chemtool to get it semi clean. then i realized that the entire gas system was clogged. also the fuel on, off, res, switch wasnt closing all the way. I hadnt realized that the kdx had been sittingin the show room of x import cycles for 6 months with gas in it. now i have to do alot of minor repairs. I'm using silkoleens off road oil is this good oil. what trany oil should i use in it?

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
Doesn't sound like repairs to me... just cleaning! Oil... oh boy.... What your using is fine... everyone has their own opinion depending on availability , loyalty ...etc. Tranny oil? Well... pretty much the same as the 2 smoke oil. Bel-Ray Gearsaver :think: :laugh: Mobil 1 15-50 red cap, what your manual says.... it's up to you and what you trust. Any manufacturer oil is usually pretty good too. What do your buddies use?

yarrowkevin

Mar 12, 2004
Rethnal,I did my homework with an open mind. I agree gearsaver :laugh: or mobil I :think: I did find that the mobil was 4.50 cheaper per litre than the gearsaver though.

trailryder

Oct 1, 2004
Good to hear you you finally bought that KDX...if this is your first bike you picked a good one. one note though...please don't ask what the top speed is or how fast it is on the quarter mile.....just kidding

Top Bottom