I lost a friend today

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I watched my little killer KDX ride out of my driveway on her new owners truck. I'm gonna miss her - she was special to me. :(

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
Sorry to hear that, buy hey, now you can spend more time riding the new pumpkin. :-)

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
that brought a tear to my eye....serious! ....i get attached to stuff :(
........time heals Fred :)

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by fatty_k
Did she go to a good home?
Her new owner is a fellow KDX rider that wanted better suspension, he's giving his 200 to his son and he's taking the 220 over. He's a fellow DRN'er and one of my riding buddys. It's got a good home. Congrats SPARKEY!

Jim Crenca

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 18, 2001
New home?
Just as long as the check clears it's a good home.
Everything I have is for sale with the exception of God, family, friends, & country.

So Fred,
You gonna kiss & tell?
How much cake did that that little sweetie bring in (and how much cash did you have tied up in that highly modified beast)?

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
And now you're really going to feel bad when that little ol' KDX goes screamin by your new orange bike.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by Jim Crenca
New home?

So Fred,
You gonna kiss & tell?
How much cake did that that little sweetie bring in (and how much cash did you have tied up in that highly modified beast)?

NO I'm not going to tell, I made him a great deal because he's my friend. I wanted it to go to someone that could appreciate the modifications I made to it. He might even let me take her for a spin if I get lonely. I had $6000 invested in it.....which is what a KTM 250 is out the door. Oops! I felt good about him getting it and I know he has a well maintained bike. I can't wait for his first ride report, he's gonna love it.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Congrats SPARKEY, no more tickets! still working on making mine & jr's road ready. fred sorry to hear about your loss, just look at it this way she went to a good home.

SPARKEY

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
May 7, 2001
Yes I’m the lucky guy that got Fred’s old bike.
I’m really glad to have had the opportunity to get it; he made me a Great Deal on her.
Fred took great care of the bike; he had all maintance records, including mileage log, carb needle/jet settings etc.
With all the mod’s that the bike has it was hard not to buy!

I don’t know if I’m going to be any faster, but I know the ride will be much smoother with the MX Tech suspension mods. ;)

I’m going riding Saturday to try her out.
Ill post a ride report, letting you know what the differences are between my KDX 200 and my new tricked out KDX220 with all the toys.

Thanks Fred.
you’re a good friend ill take good care of her.

Sparkey

Last edited:

NHtrailrider

Aug 8, 2002
Hey Fred,
Just make sure, if you go riding with this guy, that you're in front. No need to let your old gem roost tons of dirt and mud on you and your new ride.......

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
We've already been riding together and he's a perfect gentleman.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…