I need more power, is the 505 Ktm at the top?

roostar

Feb 5, 2008
I just got back from the dunes this weekend and had an okay time. I was piloting the ol cr 500 and it just wasn't blowing my hair back, the suspension is a little dated and the power is decent but i want something more, would i be stepping down with the 505 Ktm powerwise?

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
no. but it will be different.

you might also want to freshen up that "ol cr 500" if it's not blowing your hair back anymore.

also, your hair shouldn't be blowing back since you ought to have your helmet on.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Pred said:
your hair shouldn't be blowing back since you ought to have your helmet on.
My 250 blows my hair back well enough with my helmet on (the hair sticks out the bottom).

If a 500 with a good top end doesn't get it for ya, look out for the Maico 700. If that won't give you dreds, talk to a few hill climbers and see what it takes to stuff a CBR1000 plant into your dirty frame.

roostar

Feb 5, 2008
Thanks for pointing me in a different direction, the 700 maico looks and sounds pretty wild! I only experienced a modest increase in rwh with the mods i did to the 500 and was not impressed. I spend 80% of summer on my ktm 300 xc through the trails and love it but i crave the adrenaline rush of the big open class bikes which i limit to the dunes

roostar

Feb 5, 2008
Just had the motor done last year, went .20 over,shaved the head, some porting, gave me a modest increase over base line on the dyno and a really broad torque curve. At 210 lbs with gear i find myself working the heck out of that bike with only a 12 paddle on, and the bike feels and handles heavy. After 5 years on this bike I definatly need a change. The ATK and Maico bikes seem very similar but i'm having a tough time finding feedback on those models along with the availability of parts an issue, the 570 Husaberg sounds promising as well if in fact its producing 65 hp, I might just make the jump to 4 stk even though my friends would never let me live it down.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I was riding a 'busa in the dubes last week and it still couldn't get my hair to blow. Guess I'm a cool dude now? Or maybe my high & tight hair has something to do with it? :think:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom