Monkey Butt

Jun 1, 2000
INTRO: 35 years old. I live in Effingham, IL and ride a 2002 DRZ400E (street legal). Up until a few months ago, I raced harescrambles in the "B" class. Just to give you an idea of my skill level, I placed 5th in the last three harescrambles I was in. I just started riding again after recouperating from a back injury (it's still there but I can ride again). The back injury has calmed me down a bit and prompted me to buy the DRZ for trail riding and dual sporting as opposed to racing.

Since I started riding again, it seems like 90% of the time I have to ride by myself. I am looking for some other riders in the area that want to go trail riding or dual sporting. It kind of takes the fun out of it going by yourself all of the time.There is a few places to ride around here, but I'm willing to travel a few miles to go some where else.

I feel like I'm on a dating service or something. I'm not looking for a long time commitment, just a good time. :confused: :)

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I'm not looking for a long time commitment, just a good time.

TRAMP! :eek: :)

I'm a little out of your way, but if you ever make it over towards central Iowa, let me know.

jsmith811

Jun 21, 2000
We have a great place here in London, KY, Exit 49 Off of I-75, if you ever make it that far., send me an email.
02 YZF250, (Seriously thinking of quitting & getting a little ttr-125 & just ride with the kids full time)

jsmith811

Jun 21, 2000
Sure, if you get down to the 49' in Ky I know several 5-11 mile loops. I 've also been wanting to visit Attica, Indiana, but know nothing about the place. We also have the Daniel Boone MX track in London, Ky.

Last edited:

Monkey Butt

Jun 1, 2000
jsmith,
London, KY is about a 6.5 hour drive one way for me. I would have to make a weekend out of it sometime.

mxmaggie,
I have nothing against riding with chics, but your profile says you ride MX. I'm more into riding trails. Let me know if you want to go trail riding.

Neal

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
MB, I'm in Paducah, KY. We're about 2.5 - 3 hours South of you. (I think it has taken us about 3 hours to get to Dirtweek the last two years.) We ride at Turkey Bay almost every weekend. It's located in Land Between the Lakes and is 2500 acres with ~150 miles of trails. $15 for a 3 day pass, $45 for annual. I live about 35 minutes from TB (and am a previous DRZ owner).

Monkey Butt

Jun 1, 2000
CAL,
That would be awesome! I've heard a lot of good reports on that area, but I've never been there myself. PM me or something with your phone number or email address so I have a way to get a hold of you.

Neal

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
We are only about 2 hours away in St. Louis. Give me a shout when you want to go riding and where and we'll try to hook up. I am thinking about possibly going down to St. Joe this weekend (1 hour south of St. Louis). Where do you normally ride?

Monkey Butt

Jun 1, 2000
I probably put most of hours in at my house. I have about 12 acres with some trails. There is a couple of small trail systems within five miles of my house also. Otherwise I ride at LTM and a couple of other local riding parks, but LTM is the best one. I've been to St. Joe once. I'd like to go back some time, but I'm not to sure about this weekend. I'll get a hold of you some time.

Neal

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
CAL or Monkeybutt
Me (32) and my little cousin (16) plan on going to either Turkey bay or Haspin Acres the last weekend in Sept. (27-30). Ive been to both and like TB a whole lot. We both ride dist 17 HS's but just want a good weekend of good trailriding. Our bikes arent street legal so we would have to stay in the park, but I would like to work something out. I dont know what a PM is so email me at sned@famvid.com

CAL maybe you could give us a look at the best trails at TB?

Monkeybutt I live in Kankakee (north of you) my family lives in Harrisburg, I go there a couple times a year to visit and now that they have Crab Orchard(little Egypt park) I take my bike and sneak out for a ride while I am there. Let me know if you want to meet there sometime.

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
jsmith811
Dont bother with Attica! I live only 1 hour from it and havent been there in 3 years. It is so loose ( pea gravel like stuff) it is only good for quads and the trails are like freeway wide because they allow jeeps in there. I would suggest Haspin Acres over Attica, it is in south eastern Indiana and is alot better. Its $15 to get in but that lets you stay all night and you dont have to leave till 9 a.m. the next day. They have a web site (cant think of it right now) that explains everything, nice mx track, big woods, showers, and I think you can ride at night if you got the guts. There is also Little Egypt in southern Illinois (Marion) it is thick woods and has some trials courses set up! Very nice people too.

Monkey Butt

Jun 1, 2000
jsned,

That would be cool but I have prior commitments. I am either going to a wedding or blowing that off and going camping at St. Joe, MO with a couple of buddies. I am sure you would be welcome to go there. To tell you the truth Turkey Bay sounds better, but I don't know if I can talk my buddies into changing their plans. Their wives are going along.

Neal

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Thanks for the offer, but that's the weekend before Dirtweek. I'll be leaving the 30th for Oklahoma! You guys are really missing out if you're not going to Dirtweek.

We're going to try and have a big DRN ride at Turkey Bay sometime this fall. Maybe November? It will be a blast. We'll get TTRguy and GSR and a crew of others and we'll have a great ride. We had a really good one in June with short notice.

BTW, a PM is a Personal Message. It's kind of like an email within DRN. You can access it by going to your cp or by clicking the "send PM" link at the bottom of somone's post.

We'll hook up and ride sometime!

RMrider

~SPONSOR~
Jun 18, 2001
Hey monkey butt,

I would love to go riding sometime. I'm a 21 y/o woods rider. Don't let the age scare you . . .I'm not crazy when I get on a bike. I race d17 hare scrambles in the trail rider class usually finishing midpack (10th at wedron and 4th at glasford). I'm on a 90 KTM 250mx (budget is restricted till a start my new job). Just let me know if youre interested at Frdmstang@aol.com.

Ty

Oh yeah I live in springfield,il

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom