88CR250#13

Jan 22, 2008
I bought an 88 CR250 about a month ago from a guy and he said the water pump shaft needed to be replaced. So I replaced the the water pump shaft, oil seal, water pump seal, water pump gaskets, right side crank case gasket, oil, & head gasket. But NOW the bike won't start. It started before I replaced all the stuff. Today I checked the coil and it Ohm's out right but a little on the weak side. I get a good spark from the spark plug (a good jolt). Cleaned the air filter. I pulled the carb and took it apart and cleaned it. Put everything back together and it still doesn't start. I have NO IDEA what to do :bang: !!! Can you guys help me out?

Thanks in Advanced!!

Tuc

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
Sounds like it may not be getting fuel. I would verify that there is fuel in the bowl first. If so, then I would probably pull the carb again and make sure there wasn't something clogging the jets. I know you just cleaned it, but it only takes a small piece of dirt to clog it. Also, you didn't leave a rag in an opening when you were cleaning the filter did you? Had to ask, if so, you wouldn't be the first.

Also, if it doesn't start, your plug should be wet if its getting fuel. If its dry, then thats the problem.

88CR250#13

Jan 22, 2008
Chili said:
Did you try a new plug? If you have spark that is the first thing I'd try.

Went to Honda this morning and got new plugs. Went to the shop and put new plug in and after about 10 kicks it started. Got it running good :ride: .

Thanks guys! :cool:

Top Bottom