AnneBrooks

Jan 17, 2001
Woo Hoo!! I sold my Honda today!!

That means I can get serious about finding a new bike for this year! I can hardly contain my excitement!!

Let's see---we know it will be a 2 stroke--but here is my wish list:
KTM 200 EXC
GAS GAS 200 or 250
KDX 200 or 220

Of course, it all depends on the price. I am looking in the $3,000 range, so we will see what we can find. Wish me luck!

Anne

Karna&Justin

~SPONSOR~
Sep 27, 2001
Congratulations!

Anne,

Congratulations on the sell! I have been riding a '00KDX 200 since
last April and love it! I had the suspension redone and the bike lowered
1" last month and I love it even more! My husband rides a KTM 250 EXC
and is in the market for a KTM 200 EXC...If you need any advice or have
any questions regarding these bikes I would love to be of help to you!
I have heard some great things re: the Gas Gas Pampera (most of
which I have read on this site) so it sounds like you will be in the market
for a great choice!

Good Luck!
Karna

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
All good choices, Anne! I'm sure you'll be happy with any one of them. I agree with Karna-- you may want to throw that new GasGas Pampera 250 into the mix, as well. Sounds like a nice bike!

Good luck, and give us the ride report when you decide!

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Congrats on the sale of your bike, now go get that Pampera 250 or 280 for your birthday - yes Lori, it is a fantastic bike. Unfortunately you will not find an old model Pampera like the all new 2002 - you may have to consider getting a new bike. The Pampera sell for $4700 - Not cheap, but a great price nonetheless.

Thorina

Jan 18, 2002
If you go with a KDX220....be prepared to change the carb when you get it.
The performance on the 220 is less then that of the 200....both stock. I ride a '00KDX200.
Adding the FMF Gnarly pipe and torbine core 2 silencer made it a brand new bike!
It performs much more like a stock KX250 off the showroom floor, now. But, with the 6th gear
and the weighted flywheel makes for a low stall, yet fast bike. You can bogg it like a 4 stroke,
but it skampers like a 2 stroke. This bike will take you from beginner to expert level riding. Sure,
the KTM is a much perkier(200) bike when you get up to that level of riding. The KTM is also
WAY more expensive then the KDX and depending on where you live...KTM parts can be
much harder to come by and more expensive.

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
I can't believe that you sold the trusty Honda! I forgot to tell you when you rode my KTM 200 that it would cost you money ;) . I have a friend that may be selling his 2000 KTM 200MXC, I will call him and see if he is or not. I also know a new Gas Gas dealer in Wis that maybe able to find you something. I have my 2000 KTM 250EXC that I could make you a good deal on. I'll call around and see if anyone has a good used bike for you.

Top Bottom