nls2299

Aug 20, 2010
Ok guys;
I am having no luck finding an RM85 anywhere near my area or my price range. (mostly nothing near my area). My boy is 12, very athletic, 5'4" - 100 pounds. He started on an XR50 at 4, then onto a CRF100, we sold that and have been in the market for an 85cc 2 stroke. I know for his height, he could fit probably a KX100 or big wheel 85 maybe. My concern is getting him used to a 2stroke, and being able to touch well because we mostly trail ride, woods, fields, etc.
At this point I think I need to expand my search beyond the RM's. KTM's are usually out of my price range, KX's I have heard fit smaller riders better (which he isn't).
He is very frustrated and ready to ride.

nls2299

Aug 20, 2010
No, 125 is well beyond what he needs right now. The 4t trail bikes are heavy and the suspensions are awful. Just trying to find the perfect all around bike (like everyone else here I assume). I've started thinking of a Kaw 85 now because of the fact that a FWW is available for it, which I've been told would make it manageable to lug on trails and still rip in the open. I wonder though, do FWW's put stress on the bottom end of the motors?

Top Bottom