Wildman1

Feb 9, 2007
First of all let me say that I really looked forward to meeting a few people and going on some trail rides. I never thought I would get the response that I did. I hope most people from Michigan are nicer than most of you. I moved away from Jersey hoping to get away from rude people.

I met a couple of guys from the local bike shop and plan to do some riding with them. I also bought a pair of boots. Thanks for not responding. Go ahead and meet on weekends with your $6000 bikes and continue to make fun of new people that cant afford to be a part of your group.

To KTMMike......thanks for your help

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I think when you made this quote:

Wildman1 said:
i think i will be riding the pro class.. whos the competition up here in michigan?

people around here became a little skeptical especially if you are riding a 17 year old ATK. It was hard to take you seriously, mose people race for many years on current equipment and never make "Pro" class. :nod:

Matt 193

Dec 22, 2006
I have not noticed any of these guys with a mean attitude, but I think like Fred said we were skeptical of you being on a old ATK raceing the pro class and just now getting a pair of boots. Just be honest and take time to explain things and everyone, and you will end up metting some great people. Nobody looks down on you because you have a old bike we are happy more people are getting into the sport old bike, new bike, expensive bike, cheap bike we are all riders.

bruno670

Sep 13, 2006
Don't take these yahoos too seriously, most of them have been cooped up for a couple of months and always feel the need to pounce when they smell fresh meat!
You are more than welcome to ride with me and my friends. We try to ride every good weekend that we can. (Unless there is an enduro) The main thing that we require is that you RIDE. (No Quads Please!!!) Sometimes in here someone will change their handle and try to be a smart a$$. This could be just what they thought happened here. The biggest majority of the people here in Michigan that ride are warmest that you will find. Sometimes there is a little ribbing that you need to take with a grain of Detroit salt. Other than that I leave a open invitation to ride with us. bruno670@gmail.com send me a message when you are needing to get the dust blow off that bike.

Mophuka

Jan 14, 2006
Wildman, where are you located? Never saw any of your posts before. But like everyone else here my buddies and I always welcome anyone to ride with us, no matter what type of riding experience you have. Maybe it was just a bad introduction the first time around. You will meet some of the nicest and most helpful people on this board. Hope you stick around and post often.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Wildman - we will see you on the trail.

I agree with Fred's pro class comments and Bruno's reference to cabin fever. I also thought I knew who you were (initials CM). If I am wrong, I apologize for my comments

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
I also thought that this was a hoax. but you gotta admit....coming outta nowhere, claiming to be a new rider but will be racing the "pro class", it's no wonder everyone let you have it.

I'll ride with anyone. So if you see me, give a wave.

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
Where'd ya come from in Jersey? I was stationed there in the 90's and rode at Chatsworth. I finally made it back to Michigan to settle my wife while I finish up a 30 year tour. I'm over here in the sandbox. I haven't rode for a year now. When the snow is gone you'll have the time of your life in MI. Also try MIdirtriders dot com. These internet sites only hold a small percentage of the riders out there. When you show up at the trailheads you might be surprised. This ain't Jersey, eh!

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
3KDXXR2 said:
I still think this guy is a fisherman :laugh:

:rotfl: me too curtis me too hahahahaha

I dont care what anybody says, if you swim into a lake that we happen to be fishin you can expect to sample a barb once in while hahahahaha
And I thought we were doing just fine until someone came along and stepped on the side of the boat and almost tipped the dog gone thing over.. and I almost had my limit too.. :yell: arrrrggggg YT1 hahahaaha
Now,, what Freddy was saying,,, thats some heavy stuff right there.... :laugh:
Gosh I miss the Judge.. :(( He would have turn this whole thing into a huge positive.......
Woodsy

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
Wildman,
It doesn't matter what you ride or how good you are,We welcome you to come out and play.
Join us at an enduro the places and times can be found on www.d14enduro.org

Thomas Dunn
AMA D-14
Enduro Chair
517-896-9757

morgan

Nov 30, 2001
Hey man, slap a plate on that bike and you're welcome to join up and ride with us: http://www.gldsmc.org/

We're up north almost every weekend (and sometimes during the week) putting together DualSport routes. Lots of two tracks and a smattering of single track. Non competition--just fun.

SR.

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
woodsy said:
:rotfl: me too curtis me too hahahahaha

Gosh I miss the Judge.. :(( He would have turn this whole thing into a huge positive.......
Woodsy

Yeh I miss him too, I think there may be more than 1 guy in on this. Or as they figure it out, they are tring to keep it going :laugh:

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Dear Wildman 1,
A view from across the lake. I have never been faulted for trying and would certainly not do that to others who try.
To me you have tried and succeeded, which can't be said all the time. This does not mean that not succeeding is failure, for failing equates to giving up, and I don't think that applies to you. The laughs are a good paycheck.
Here is a hard to pass up deal. If the 17 year old ATK has any qualms about showing up for a ride, I'll bring 30 year old DAVIE along. By the way, if you haven't named the ATK, think about it. There are several here that have thrown a leg over DAVIE and they have been impressed, 30 year old bike be darned.
Hang in there for another month as it looks like there will be ample opportunities for you to show your prowess on the ATK. Then too there is the Peacock Snow Chicken on 3/17 to get an early start.
I have tried to be nice in order to balance out the times I'm a Rotten Sucker of a Trouble Maker.

Steady as you go,
Young Ted

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
3KDXXR2 said:
Yeh I miss him too, I think there may be more than 1 guy in on this. Or as they figure it out, they are tring to keep it going :laugh:

You know what Curtis,, I think you hit the nail on the head!! First off I think the Counselor is in on it too.. Then,, I have a sneaking hunch that YT2 is also in there too... Yea good buddy, DEFINITLY something mighty suspicious going on here..

INCA said:
Dear Wildman 1,
I have tried to be nice in order to balance out the times I'm a Rotten Sucker of a Trouble Maker.

Steady as you go,
Young Ted

As great as you are at balancing bikes and life in general Ted, tthis is ONE balancing act that you will NEVER find balance in!!! Trouble,,,,, trouble trouble TROUBLE!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl:

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Hey Wildman 1, are you back from vacation with your batteries charged? Here are 2 reasons for you to reappear.
#1 - You are honestly missed by YT2.
#2 - Trouble Maker feels if you have called it quits, you'll not be an enduro rider able to make the AFM 33 Team.
Riding opportunities are ahead.

Young Ted

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
Wildman1 said:
what are you talking about?
I assume this is directed at Inca or Woodsy. If you figure it out let us know. They seem to be the only ones who understand each other. Crazy minds think alike I guess, but I thought you would be able to understand them.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Every once in a while I actually get complimented on this site. A HUGE thank you to
Bbarel!!
He aint heavvvvvvvvy, he's my Brotherrrrrrrrrrr...
Speakin about Inca,, its almost the end of March,,, gonna be rippen soon!!!!
Woodsy

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
woodsy said:
Every once in a while I actually get complimented on this site. A HUGE thank you to
Bbarel!!
He aint heavvvvvvvvy, he's my Brotherrrrrrrrrrr...
Speakin about Inca,, its almost the end of March,,, gonna be rippen soon!!!!
Woodsy

Last I heard YT was riding with Erin at Roselawn FES on April 21st. He said he would be ready but will need Davie because shes been getting faster each year. :ride:

I got a few updates to the mighty XR 100 for the 2007 campaign for her -sporting fresh Michelins this season. :cool:

Top Bottom