I was at the honda dealer today, spending money

mdavidso

Apr 28, 2009
I was getting parts(who'd have figured)and as I was waiting I was looking around, and saw the brand new 2009 TRX 700XX. OMG that thing looks like a beast!! IRS, 5 speed with reverse. I couldn't stop looking at it! I was only thinking, what quad can someone compare this to, I know of the raptor 700 r, but was wondering, what other big-bore- "sport-quads" there are and if its worth it to pay the extensive out-the-door price for the Honda.

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
It weighs a quarter of a ton. 505 pounds is like riding a wrecking ball if the throttle sticks or something. It'll bring down a house.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Its a hillbilly lawn mower, or a 90 mph couch on wheels, take your pick? At what point do you give up, and just get a jeep? Then you can pull a trailer full of bikes!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Last time I was in a dealership I looked at the quads as I passed by and thought to myself "What's the point?"

mdavidso

Apr 28, 2009
RM85rider123 said:
It weighs a quarter of a ton. 505 pounds is like riding a wrecking ball if the throttle sticks or something. It'll bring down a house.
Thats also the curb weight(full of fluids and liquids) :cool: and maybe thats why they have such a powerful braking system. :laugh:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
_JOE_ said:
It's a quad...........

... which puts it firmly in the who gives a **** category.

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
mdavidso said:
Thats also the curb weight(full of fluids and liquids) :cool: and maybe thats why they have such a powerful braking system. :laugh:

It's no different than dirtbike brakes.

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
Rich Rohrich said:
... which puts it firmly in the who gives a **** category.

Drunk rednecks obviously.

250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
Sorry mdavidso;

What these knuckle draggers are trying to tell you is that posting any quad related questions here is about as smart as walking into a cave full of starving hyenas... carrying a big juicy steak. You're just going to get bitten. :p

Not the place for quad stuff. And this is the FLAME BOARD, meant primarily for flaming. Not asking about Quads.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
250girl said:
;

What these knuckle draggers are trying to tell you is that posting any quad related questions here is about as smart as walking into a cave full of starving hyenas... carrying a big juicy steak. You're just going to get bitten. :p

This is even better than the pantie wearing homo and poopie head stuff... :rotfl:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
holeshot said:
This is even better than the pantie wearing homo and poopie head stuff... :rotfl:
Not even in the same ball park....twwh-ph :laugh:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
holeshot said:

Not even close. :laugh: And besides, it was 'Tighty wearin' homos.' :yikes: Jeeze, get it right. :nener: :moon:

areaman

Apr 5, 2006
i like quads tehy are awesomse and can go rilly fast and dont have to wory abuot balancing and stuff abecus they ahve 4 wheels and big motors wuld be awsompm becuz they wold go fastter than dirt sbikes! ha!

mdavidso

Apr 28, 2009
250girl said:
Sorry mdavidso;

Not the place for quad stuff. And this is the FLAME BOARD, meant primarily for flaming. Not asking about Quads.

I know, I posted it here to get peoples honest opinions, and I got great input, and now im having fun just reading what some people are saying.

also, no one answered my question, should I buy gthis quad or a different one?

only looking for a quad because i just crashed my dirtbike, and I'm looking to stay on all the wheels and not flying through stumps on my face.
:yikes:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
He should purchase a clue instead. ;)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Wow I never knew adding 2 more wheels and a bunch of weight make something safer. Personally I'd rather get hit with a 250# dirt bike when I'm laying on the ground than a 500# kwad. I mean if you ae that concerned about being safe off road get an Argo 8x8 to carry you around in your bubble.

250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
Ol'89r said:
Not even close. :laugh: And besides, it was 'Tighty wearin' homos.' :yikes: Jeeze, get it right. :nener: :moon:

Why do you guys always forget the "ktm riding" part of the "tighty whitey wearing homos" equation? Jeeze, get it right :nener:

Top Bottom