Identify this upper triple clamp please !! (w/pic)

YZThumper

~SPONSOR~
Aug 6, 2001
I bought my 2001 KX 250 used with Emig triple clamps on it. The steering stops on the Emig clamps were pounded, so I decided to replace both upper and lower triple clamps. I found a pair of used triple clamps on "a popular on-line auction site" that were advertised as stock clamps for a 2001 KX 250. The clamps fit on my bike, but the mounts for the number plate don't seem to be correct. Take a look at the picture I've attached below. My number plate would have the bolt go straight through the front of the number plate. But if you take a look at the number plate mount on my upper triple clamp it would seem you need to run the bolt down from the top/behind the number plate. I went on-line to look at some new number plates and all the pictures have the bolt running through the front of the number plate, but this won't work with the upper triple clamp on my bike. Is this triple clamp from a different year, or maybe even make?

Upper Triple Clamp

B

biglou

Hmmm, same plate mounting style as YZ/YZF for the last few years (not sure about 06) but up to 05 they didn't have separate bar mounts.

1989_yz_125

Apr 24, 2006
thats the same design of clamps that are on the 04 kx 250 so you probably just got a newer pair of clamps! you could try going down to your local kawi shop and looking at the clamps on those bikes and if it fits buy the newer number plate!

Top Bottom