If I Build It, Will You Come?

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
I am in the process of restoring a couple of Maico 250's. A 71 square barrel is near completion and a 76 AW250 is next. I want to race Vintage but here in Oklahoma there is not a lot going on. I have 160 acres of land and am considering building my own track and maybe starting a racing program for REAL vintage bikes. I am not looking to do this for profit... I already have a job!! I just want a place to race that is designed for the old technology and easier on my 45 year old bones! I have a tractor with a loader and box blade, but no idea at all on lay out and such things. I raced on natural terrain tracks 30 years ago and know what I liked then. Looking for some guys in the area who might want to get involved in bringing my ideas into reality. Am I out of my mind?

Aug 6, 2000
Well you need some up hills and down hills, off camber, banked, and bermed turns work well. Jumps weren't big back in the 70's so you won't need them.

CRGuy

Posts Too Much
Nov 14, 2000
For the jump's,
Keep building up from a single foot tall jump. Keep hitting it as it get's taller untill you bottom out. Then add some dirt to make it a table top type thing. Sound's good. If you can get a pic of the track when it's done.
CRG

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
I wonder if any of those AHRMA guys are DRNers. Guys like Dave Boydsten at AMS Racing , Matt Hilgenberg at Speed and Sport and a lot of others could probably tell you what to watch out for.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Where in Oklahoma are you located?

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
I am in Norman, and the land is outside of Minco, which is about 45 miles west of Oklahoma City.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…