if it wasn't for bad luck i wouldn't have any !

Status
Not open for further replies.

guts

Sep 14, 2003
listen to this $hit for luck ! i looked in the local paper and seen a 89 nissan 4wd for $650, oh i don't have car anymore had let mine go back thats another story ! well i'm sitting here thinking hey thats good price broke as a joke and needing a car ! been without a car sense jan ! well the phone rings i pick it up and guy says i'm calling about the yz 125 i said yeah after that i said ummmm where did you see the add ? he said iwanna local free listing paper here in nc ! i said you wanting the whole bike or parts ? he said whole bike ! man does this ever suck, here i had to tell a dude wanting my bike, sorry it's in pisces ! here is the bad part, i've had the bike listed at store close to my house, add been there week and half ! add been in the paper 3 months and he is only one that called, and had to call day after i tore the bike down ! not to mention bike being listed on here to ! to be truthful i feel like laying in the floor and kicking and screaming ! now i know bye the time i get enough money that truck will be gone ! cause with my luck i firgure it don't need much ! i've seen so many deals on stuff it's not even funny !

why does deals have to float around when you broke as hell !
been driving gf car, 93 cavalier this thing has oil leaks, tranmission leaks, and another stupid water leak ! just put it's 3rd heater core in it . 126ka miles . i could see it if where 236ka miles ! other week had wisdom tooth hurting like a umm ! haven't been able find a job sense last dec . haven't had money get back forth school cause gas prices ! few months ago got me a alaskan malamute lab mix for $10 . but gf gets bad minstrel pain and has to have pain killers ! well i was up for little over 24hrs straight had go get cigs, dog is in the house loose but i stay down in the basment and there's is door to my room and i forgot to get the dog out and there is a sofa in my room ! well she left pills laying on the sofa dog eats them ! come back found pills everywhere some chewed, but didn't think she eat umm !
well dog was a little wired but she was a puppy, didn't think much about it ! next day all is well, next day puking everywhere everytime she eat something ! well bye then i seen she needed help all vets closed but emergecy vet ! take there tell them i think she it some pain pills they flush her out ! said give some of these pills, and some these so many times a day ! carry her back out to the car look down and see i have poop all over my side ! driving my grandmas licoln, i'm like oh great this is after got a $254 bill for her and borrowed from my mom ! that is just enough get just wee bit upset !

well few days go bye no better, at this point i said i'll get the gun take out in woods shoot her and be done with it ! oh know wouldn't let me do that, so take her to regular vet, another $100 and something ! take her back to the house, days go bye still no better ! take her back, if woulda been my choice for the second time just shoot her but no ! well she stays over weekend at the vet, get a call on monday saying he was have to go in and have a look around ! i said you think that will help, he said she has to much energy to be put down, so i say go ahead ! not knowing how i'm going pay for this to ! well he said her stomach was so eat up it had scar tissue and was swelled around the part where the stomach goes into the intestings !

well after have give her pills for like people with uclers all is good, but the close to $900 i owe my gf mom and my mom this sucks ! all this for a $10 dog to begin with . but i'm glad i didn't have to have put to sleep, best dog i have now ! but why me ? i feel a little better now, but i sure hope next year is better ! well hope everyone had good thanksgiving i sure did ! thanks for looking and may your luck be better than mine !

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
That pooch is lucky to have you. I have been at the bottom my friend. It is ugly there, I know. But keep a positive attitude and things will turn around. It took me many years to figure that one out.

guts

Sep 14, 2003
thanks for replys, yeah dog is lucky, i can't belive she made it really, now gotta get her spayed . have 3 other male dogs, she comes in i'm leaving ! she good dog, but after this last trip to vet get her spayed, 1k in a half breed lol . oh here is a pic ! oh as you can tell she still likes eat stuff !

Attachments

• Picture 054.jpg
    Picture 054.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 325

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
ur a very grown up 25 yr old dude

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
yes dats coul, stay wit dog life!

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
Come to New Orleans for a few months. There's more work than people. Fema is paying basic electricians $21.50/hour to wire temp trailers. Quit smoking and get rid of the dog and you'll have more money.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Hang in there, brother guts! Once you've got what you want, you will have all sorts of skills to go along with it. Many more than the guy that has it handed to him has. (hope I'm making sense)

I have got to add...
Your post is absolute classic stuff...LOL....not laughing at your string of bad luck, but your post in general was pretty entertaining...and then the shot of the dog (good lookin dog, btw), which of course has a swingarm in the shot by coincidence....LOL classic stuff...
Like I said..hang in there!

Junkjeeps sounds like he has the hookup for young guys needing some ridin money for sure.

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
I've got one better than that Jay. The fastfood joints down here(McDonald's, Burger King, Popeye's, etc) are offering $10.50 an plus a $5,000 sign on bonus. Plus offering money if you bring in more employees for them. Flipping burgers for $10.50 an hour. How much markup is in a value meal?

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Damn Junk! What are they paying mechanics in your neck of the woods?

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
I'll have to check into that for you. I'm sure if you had diesel experience it would be pretty high. Lots of big trucks and heavy equipment in town right now.

Mark

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Indeed....

guts

Sep 14, 2003
thanks again for the replys

hey yz165 how do you like the your kx 250 ? just curious, i've been on buddys . felt to much like 4 stroke in my opinion . to smooth lol !

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I subscribe to the theory that we make our own "luck" but that Karma can play a part in our lifes. So bad luck is either something you have created by doing little to make it better or you seriously screwed somebody(s) over. Either way it looks like JunkJeeps has shown you a way to get back on your feet if you choose to.

BTW please don't apply at a newpaper or english teacher position, you will only be disappointed.

guts

Sep 14, 2003
Patman said:
I subscribe to the theory that we make our own "luck" but that Karma can play a part in our lifes. So bad luck is either something you have created by doing little to make it better or you seriously screwed somebody(s) over. Either way it looks like JunkJeeps has shown you a way to get back on your feet if you choose to.

BTW please don't apply at a newpaper or english teacher position, you will only be disappointed.

well when you get laid off not much you can do . funiture about only thing here in nc . few new places opening up though, which is good ! yeah i'll admit i screwed up when i quit school . but can't go back in past i can only live for the furture ! i'm enrolled now for my ged, but when you don't have gas money to get there well... it's just like that you don't have it . i'm not even from middle class family, for what i have had i worked hard for ! i haven't had 16 different cars,19 different bikes sitting on my butt !

i've been diabetic sense 88, take 3 shots a day . sometimes instead worrying about gas go to school, gotta worry about insulin, needles etc . my health is little more important ! and yes i know my writing sucks, tell ya what i'll trade my being diabetic taking 3 shots day $100 worth medican a month, knowing there good possibility i might loose an arm, leg, eye sight one day, on top of that feet stay cold about all the time, cause ciculation sucks, for your writing skills any day of the week !

i'm going threw the unemployemnt place trying find a job, temp services, and still have nothing . and bills add up quick, when can't find a job . it would even help if i had my own car to get there ! it's not like i'm not trying, i hate driving my girl friends car i don't like bumming ! i borrowed the money get yz to help get my self back on my feet ! bought 2001 for $650 needed front tire, tell me why you would wouldn't have done same when you know 01 worth more any $650 any day of the week . know see if add rest what i said you should see more where i'm coming from .

i haven't give up and nerver will, i just stated that i was trying . while at same the time something else just keeps popping up . i respect what you said though so don't take this wrong way . my writing skills gotta improve lol can't get much worse ! and sure you agree . but practice makes perfect right .

mafols

Sponsoring Member
Nov 24, 2001
I like this guy......you should have used TIMEX as your screen name...."takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin" ;)

Hang in there...guts...as long as you are trying...things will get better. Ever climb a gnarly hill on one of ya' bikes?

You might not make it up the first couple of times but eventually it becomes a piece of cake and may even be a good chance to make a pass during the next Harescramble :cool:

Last edited:

2stroke

Nov 7, 2001
Your for real bro.
I can relate. Ive been there before. . Sounds like youve got a positive outlook somehow or another. Keep it!

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
guts said:
know see if add rest what i said you should see more where i'm coming from .

yes from anyways but neither almost when hide.

trakkerman

Nov 12, 2001
Guts, I was one of the first few people to read this thread and was tempted to give the knee-jerk response about grammar and how your message "looked" at a glance. But as I was reading it (very slowly, I might add) I detected a sense of humility and sincerity that usually aren't apparent with posts that "look" like yours.

Also, noting that you've been a member since 2003, I was moved to search and read all of your posts in an attempt to learn more about you. I though it was interesting that you bought and sold bikes fairly quickly. But the overtone of your posts were always positive, genuine and unassuming.

Now that I have read your latest post describing some of your personal history, I'm am glad I didn't pass judgement too early!

I have never been in your situation, so I can't fully relate. I have always felt that I've been an underdog and have had to work hard for what I have. You have the right attitude. Perhaps your heart and compassion have steered you on a less desirable path at times, but things have a way of working out in the end. And you, my friend, are going to find your pot of gold.

guts

Sep 14, 2003
there is so much to me, you just wouldn't belive ! after you go threw so much bs, it becomes just one those things . everyone goes threw it ! i think it's not how much bs you can take, it all in how you deal with it . i have a bs cloud that follows me, i just make most of it and go on . am i crazy ? i don't know, define crazy ! and if you think i am crazy well how do you know it's not you instead of me ?

it's like the one forum i was on or seen guy in his signature said, ' don't take life to seriously know one gets out alive ' ! i thought that was pretty funny but it is true . so what the hell make the most of it and go on . i live bye this, you can knock me down, but i will get back up !

thanks for the replys, bad good i can take it !

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
being a WINNER is getting up exactly ONE more time than you've been knocked down. :nod:

may misfortune follow you around but never catch up.

:aj: ride fast Guts. :aj:

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Guts,
Hang in there bud.
In my life, first mom left, then dad. Thought I was ok. After 26 year marriage, she left, my oldest son has major partying issues, have almost lost home, business........Yes, it all fell apart, and I couldn't put it back together. Labor day I busted myself up good while riding. Sometimes it takes great pain to reach a new understanding.......He will do whatever it takes to grab our attention. Everything is back together now.......and it wasn't me who did it. It could be and IS possible that something very awesome is planned for you........your choice.
Trust in Him with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. Acknowledge Him in all your ways, and he will straighten the path.
It's not voo-doo, it's real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom