jury vjr

Jan 20, 2001
Next year I am gonne ride on a KTM sx 2002.I am looking for information for an aftermarket ignition.I have already heard that de fmf ignition is a good choice but recently I heard someting about dynatek ignitions.Has anyone have any experience with one of those ignitions?thanks

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
I have a vortex 3d adjustable tps ignition on my KX125. It is a gimmick. The switch does nothing. IT just makes the bike sign off earlier. I leve it is the top end position all the time. It did add power, but the switch is a bunch of crap.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by KawieKX125
I have a vortex 3d adjustable tps ignition on my KX125. It is a gimmick.

The Vortex ignition is FAR from being a gimmick. Like any programmable device it can only do what you tell it to do. Mapping ignition curves correctly on a two-stroke isn't a trivial task, especially when mods have been made to the pipe and transfers. In the right hands the Vortex is a very good piece of hardware with a ton of potential. In the wrong hands it might as well be an empty box.

cr-man

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 6, 1999
I have a Vortex also on my 99 YZ125 and it did add power, but it's like Kawie said I just leave mine in the boost mode. Maybe on a bigger bike the switch might be more noticeable but on a 125 it's not very noticeable.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by cr-man
. Maybe on a bigger bike the switch might be more noticeable but on a 125 it's not very noticeable.

That's a function of the curves not an inherent flaw in the design. Mike at MT Racing (US Vortex distributor) provides a re-programming service that is worth investigating.

cr-man

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 6, 1999
Hey Rich- I bought mine off of Mike Tolle at MT racing and your right I did not ask for a super low-end sacrifice all my top-end on the torque mode I went more middle punch and they are noticeable changes, but if I went the all low-end route he could give it to me. The mods I have done to my bike and the way I ride it all low-end would not suit me. Rich is right if you call Mike and tell him what you want he can help he has all different curves and he's cheaper than Tom Morgan and Mike is the U.S. distributor.

Top Bottom