Nickbob43

Feb 1, 2005
I'm hoping to get some insite on the machine. It's bones stock and probably has about 10 hours on the top end.

The thing is clean as a whistle.

Any problems that I should look for?

Any quick tips or tricks? Jet sizes, needle settings, air box mods?

I'm mostly going to trail ride it, ride it on the ice, and do some hare scrambles with it. Not planning on doing any big modifications

Mite try a little motocross but not too sure yet.

Junkyard Dog

Mar 31, 2004
I ride a 02 KX250 and yes the motor is very smooth. The Delta force 3 reed cage broadened the power band even more and gave it crisper throttle response. for trail riding I use a FMF Gnarley pipe and for a faster track I use a Pro-circuit Platinum. With the gnarley I had to jet it down on the pilot to a 50 and the main 160. Jetting... you'll have to adjust for your area.

I also use a 11oz Stealthy fly wheel weight on tighter trails like in Big Bear mouintains.

The best thing I like about this year KX250 is that there is no unexpected hit in the power band it's just smooth. The thing I like the least is that it does not steer as quick as I would like. Great Bike.

Have fun & stay healthy

JD

Woodsquest

I love DRN!
Dec 15, 2004
When I lucked into buying a used 2002 KX250, I didn't realize that I was buying the best trail riding bike in my 33 years of off road riding.
You will need to customize it for the woods; barkbusters, skid plate, jetting, etc., but it is all very easy to do and just about anything you need will be on e Ba Y since several go to part out their '02 there. Parts from 99 to 02 will generally fit, but check buykawasaki.com to be sure of part #'s first.
The bike has a very electric like motor. That carb, with it's selonoid operated jet and dual spark CDI makes the bike start in a single kick almost every time and run clean as a whistle.
I have riding buddies who, after trying this bike out, are in hot persuit of finding one of their own. In California, it's the last year for the green sticker as well.
I stuck an EFM autoclutch on mine and the tall first as well as close ratio gearbox are non-consquential; the bike pulls anything, at anytime and will not stall.
Consider yourself lucky and blessed to have it.

chevy383cid

Aug 26, 2005
I have a 02 also and v-force,works pipe. It has a very smooth powerband with tons of torque.I've had several smokers in my time and this is one of my favorites!!! Great all around bike

Top Bottom