bcdirtchick

Apr 18, 2008
Hi! my name is Ali and i live in the okanagan in british columbia. i have been riding for about 9 years. started out on a ttr125, then swiching to a kx 100, then switching agan to a 2000 ktm 200 (which i found incredably heavy), i now have a 2005 YZ 125 and just love it. it was hard to figure it out at first (alot of clutching compared to the 200) but now i go where ever the bigger bikes go. if there is anyone on here from the okangan we (my bf and myself) usually try and get out at least every sunday if you wanna meet up and ride.

250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
Hey there,
I am also from the okanagan. Exactly where in the okanagan are you?

Nice to hear you found a bike you like, my old WR250 is way too heavy for me but I make do anyways ( with a little emberassment from time to time). I've been riding for about 5 years, but I have never raced. I usually just ride the local trails alone, or on the rare occasion, with my Dad.

What trails do you usually ride? Ever tried Mt.Ida ,Bastion Mountain, Fly hills or the Larch hills? I've been up Bastion with my Dad and it was beautiful up there, especially up at the tower. I've ridden the larch hills and some of Mt.Ida on horseback, but I do not have a mental map of the trails yet. I'm not sure if you have heard of Hunters Range, but I have heard there is some awesome riding up there too.

Apr 30, 2007
Heya and welcome to DRN!

I haven't checked a map yet, but I'm from Northern Minnesota...and may be a little closer than the rest :)

fatcat216

"Don't Worry Sister"
~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2007
You aren't from Northern Minnesota JALW. Face it, you ARE a Canadian.

jk.

Welcome aboard bcdirtchick. Lot of you BCers on this board. Gorgeous country there.

Apr 30, 2007
fatcat216 said:
You aren't from Northern Minnesota JALW. Face it, you ARE a Canadian.QUOTE]

Well...honest truth be told, I use the exact same speech styles, quips, and accent as they do in the movie Fargo...

"Okay den!"

In fact, I live 1.5 hours from Fargo, and about 2 hours from where they filmed the movie...

Even still, I'll never be as awesome as some of the Canadians that show up at my races. You guys are a goofy-awesome bunch :cool: :) and I'm pretty glad to have you race with us!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom