kdx200mx17

Aug 30, 2005
Hi, I just got my kdx a couple weeks ago, been running fine and all, but just today, i was out and about to hop on the trails, when my bike stalled, started up again and kept stalling 3-4 times, so I said forget this, went down the rd, to go back home. going back and my bike stalls and my front brakes are smoking, could not get the bike in nuetral.When i was riding and shifting, the bike made like a grinding noise.Luckly a guy stopped, we put it in his truck and he gave me a ride home. got to my house and the bike was in nuetral , rolled it down in my driveway n put it on the stand. I have no idea whats going on with it, I picked it up for $400 as a beater bike and it worked fine until now :| , I just ordered some new clutch plates and a new shifter, which should be here by monday. What should I be looking for, and how do I drain the gas, Im new to bikes so I need your help. Thanks- adam

GS

Jun 29, 2003
Adam...
You must get a service manual. Really...its a bit-o-pain to get, but will pay you well to read. Try ebaaaay, if you're in no hurry. If you don't know how to drain the gas...which can be very dangerous if done poorly, you will be much safer with the help of a manual. Your questions will be easier to answer if you know how to do a few basic things...which the manual is pretty good at describing. It will save you both money and grief

Top Bottom