dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I think we all can now acknowledge RC is better than Chad at SX.

If RC had not tipped over in the mud at A1, I think he would have led every lap this season. Total domination.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
dirt bike dave said:
If RC had not tipped over in the mud at A1, I think he would have led every lap this season. Total domination.

Reed led the fist 8 laps in Frisco..

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
It's also becoming apparent that in fact Reed DID win his Championship because RC wasn't there...

2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
Ahhh Okie calm down .....remember KW is getting his head handed to him too...and you can only beat who's there. Deep down I was always thought RC could do this.....that Chad loses to RC is easier to take for me than anyone else though. I always liked the fact that he's not a show pony.

However, as I said last round, SX is supposedly his B game.....outdoors this can only get worse for the opposition. As Senior KX man said Who's da man????..well....I think we all know.

I think Marty Tripes needs to take RC waterskiing...then maybe the others can get a look in..LOL!!!

danielst

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 20, 2002
Anybody catch where Ricky said he "got a little cocky" at the end of the season 2 years ago and he was going to make sure it didn't happen again? I think this says two things... 1) He is totally focused and will likely remain dominant the rest of the season, even when Bubba returns. And 2) I don't think he "let" Chad win those 7 straight. He still seems upset about it and wants to prove he is the top dog. I never bought that anyway, I just can't imagine RC settling for 2nd, no matter the circumstances. The more I watch him, the more I think there is no doubt he is the best ever, IMHO.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Okiewan said:
It's also becoming apparent that in fact Reed DID win his Championship because RC wasn't there...

Cant take away anything from his championship..

This season has got too be messing w/Reeds head, for him too be out in front @ Frisco then get passed and left behind :coocoo:

Still alot of racing left for the Championship, anything can happen :)

Bring on the Nationals!! :aj:

2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
Okiewan said:
"Calm down" ?... I'll have you know I was nearly sleeping when I posted that.

Yeah OK at that hour I cant see you getting in too much of a lather about it.....I forget what time some of you guys post at....you should be sleeping.

Tiger

~SPONSOR~
Aug 21, 2000
RC is puttin' on a serious clinic! He's got time to put showy can cans out for the crowds!!! :)

I have to admit he deserves every bit of it. The man is a hard worker...and it shows. ;)

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Pastrana told Kris Brown (Cooperland owner) that if Roger says they are to ride 60 laps a day for practice Ricky will go out and ride 120. I have never been a RC fan but the guys determination is simply unmatched. He has impressed the hell out of me this year.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
the shows not over 'till the fat lady sings, but.....

Reed is starting to look like he did when bubba put the number on him. remember this was the first time they have been 1,2 from the 1st lap.

If this was boxing, someone would have thrown in the towel, LOL.

So, what bike will Ricky ride outdoors??? I want him to go head to head with bubba both on the smokers, not much chance of seeing the KXF450 this season so bubba will be on the KX.

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
No offense to RC fans but I'm getting real sick of seeing only 1 guy win all the time. Its not a knock on RC, just I wish he wasn't so damn good so we can see some racing. Watching 3rd and 4th battle it out is cool but just not the same as 1st and 2nd. I know RC deserves to win it and its probably lame on my part but I'm starting to not like him again. As soon as he gets out front, my excitement goes away and I don't care anymore. Not living up to the most anticipated SX year. I have 1 hope left...Bubba. If Bubba can't do it then I don't wanna watch no more.

Funny thing is, if Bubba takes down RC and nobody can touch RC right now, that will mean that no one will be able to touch Bubba and I'm right back to my original frustration: 1 guy winning all the time. At least I still have the 125 class...phew!

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
Reed's bike sucks, he hates that aluminum frame. That's what I've been reading anyway.

I doubt we'll see RC go 10/10th to run with Bubba, if he has to, for the rest of the SX's.

RC will be on a full works 450 for the outdoors, Bubba doesn't have a chance.

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
super rat said:
Reed's bike sucks, he hates that aluminum frame. That's what I've been reading anyway.

I doubt we'll see RC go 10/10th to run with Bubba, if he has to, for the rest of the SX's.

RC will be on a full works 450 for the outdoors, Bubba doesn't have a chance.

I don't think Bubba would have a chance on the full works 450 that RC will be riding. I know, the lap times were close last year, but no one was pushing RC. In the 125 class Bubba didn't have to protect any lines, because no one was close most of the time. I still think that JBS will crack under the pressure of RC, KW, or CR, he just hasn't convinced me that he is ready. To top that off his coaching staff has made some critical errors, they amp him up when they should be trying to focus him. Look at his current situation, wow he almost won practice. :laugh: The champions remember this "In order to finish first, first you must finish."

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
I would have fired Jbone for acting like a jackass. He was jumping up and down, waving a towel, and screaming Bubba on in practice at Phoenix. But acting like a jackass seems to be well received at Kawasaki.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
D Lafleur said:
wow he almost won practice. :laugh:

dude, winning practice is where its at! :)

And rat- have you not got anything better than stuff thats probably been regurgitated from motonews or something???? Chads not happy with the ally frame?? come on, what kind of and excuse is that??? RC was carrying that weak bottom honda for how many straight motos and he didnt let rip on that bike until he left honda, and all he really said was that he liked the RM better.

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
bclapham said:
dude, winning practice is where its at! :)
and all he really said was that he liked the RM better.

Its kinda funny that every week so and so set the fastest times in practice and then Ricky comes out and smokes them :laugh:

Its obvious that he likes the way the RM handles. I have never even come close to calling RC "smooth" at any time in his career but he looked "comfortable" on the RM :cool:

dante

Mar 24, 2004
danielst said:
Anybody catch where Ricky said he "got a little cocky" at the end of the season 2 years ago and he was going to make sure it didn't happen again? I think this says two things... 1) He is totally focused and will likely remain dominant the rest of the season, even when Bubba returns. And 2) I don't think he "let" Chad win those 7 straight. He still seems upset about it and wants to prove he is the top dog. I never bought that anyway, I just can't imagine RC settling for 2nd, no matter the circumstances. The more I watch him, the more I think there is no doubt he is the best ever, IMHO.

I heard RC say that also, he also said he got "complacent" like he expected to win, and stoped training and doing what it takes to win even for RC... then he said "That's not going to happen again... I thought that was interesting

Top Bottom