fryboy

Feb 21, 2003
Hi everyone!

I have purchased a slightly used Watchdog for running enduro's this year. Anyone have a Watchdog mounted to WR426 rotor? I am little apprehensive about drilling a 3/16" hole in my rotor and was wondering what anyone else has done.

Thanks !
Dave

fryboy

Feb 21, 2003
Originally posted by Zero it
Does your rotor have any slots?, drilled one of the slots out to fit the magnet. Or can you mount it on the hub?

I don't have a problem with the magnet. I am concerned with drilling hole in my caliper. Sorry for the confusion. My above post called it a Rotor. What the hell do I know? I am just a dirtbike rider :-) Its the mechanism that holds your break pads. I have a magnet already in one of my "rotor" bolt holes. My buddy has a KTM that already had the hole and threaded! Lucky break for him.

Fryboy

Bazooka Joe

Registered
Apr 4, 2002
I hear you on drilling a hole in the caliper; I had the same fears/concerns AND there isn't exactly a good place to drill the hole.

So, instead, I constructed an angle bracket which mounts in the two axle clamp bolts. (pickup sensor is on the front side of the fork leg guards.) To protect the sensor, I installed a UFO disk guard. The YZ type forks will require a little head scratch, but it's not too difficult either.

Another pointer- when you drill the 3/16" diameter hole part ways into the disk, also drill a 1/16" hole completely thru the disk. That way, should you want to remove the magnet, you can tap the magnet loose from the opposite side.

You will enjoy the Watchdog, btw. I like mine.

Top Bottom