tom_motox

Jun 9, 2006
do i need to insure my motocross track? i have a disclamer which states that i willnot accept any responsibility for damages to riders or machines, is that enough?

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
Who do you plan to have riding on your track? Is it going to be a public track or is this just your private land and your private track that just you and your close friends will use?

tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
ask your business/liability attorney how to structure ownership of track. in US there is some benefit to doing things like you own property personally and then lease to a corporation (yours) that owns and runs the track. corporation may be able to limit your personal liability somewhat esp if you have special corp directors insurance. corp gets sued and goes under but you are limited in your exposure to only corp assets (and you keep little corp assets, everything is leased from you personally or from another of your corps - multi-layers just like major corporations). i have been through things like this before but can't recall all details -- like others said, get a good attorney, i am not even a bad one :) , and ask for ways to limit your personal liability exposure. a good attorney is well worth their fee!

Top Bottom