Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
HI,
It just occured to me since i financed my new 2003 KDX 220 that I should insure it. My Insurance company is a bunch of morons and wants $384 a year and says they cannot insure it as an atv. I am sure i should be able to insure it for under $100/year.

rice1825

Oct 1, 2002
I was able to insure my '03 KDX 220 with Progressive. They have an off-road package, but of course racing is not covered. The insurance covers theft and they allow for an additional $1,000 in extras. If you have an AMA membership, you qualify for a discount. I believe the price is around $135-150 a year, it would be less if you don't want theft coverage. You can get a quote online at their website, www.progressive.com Hope this helps!

toalco-kdx

May 16, 2002
I have to pay $240 a year for my '00 KDX220, that covers public liablility and fire and theft. I don't know why it's so much more for me. How does Progressive cut the cost so much?

gunreba

Sep 8, 2002
Originally posted by rice1825
I was able to insure my '03 KDX 220 with Progressive. They have an off-road package, but of course racing is not covered. The insurance covers theft and they allow for an additional $1,000 in extras. If you have an AMA membership, you qualify for a discount. I believe the price is around $135-150 a year, it would be less if you don't want theft coverage. You can get a quote online at their website, www.progressive.com Hope this helps!

What level of deductable did you purchase? Theft coverage is the main reason I want to insure ours. And was just wondering what Progressive would pay if it's ripped off. Blue Book plus deductable maybe?

rice1825

Oct 1, 2002
I purchased this policy close to a year ago, so I will have to look up the details exactly when I get home from work. But if I remember correctly, I purchased the $100 deductible, and I would be paid the Blue Book value + a percentage of $1,000 of extras on the bike - the deductable. Again I will have to confirm that when I get home. One other thing I forgot to mention, was that I also qualified for another discount since I have my car insurance with them. So that is 2 discounts on the policy, one for being an AMA member and one for having two policies with Progressive.

clutchcover

~SPONSOR~
Feb 21, 2002
I pay $130 a year through State Farm. This is completely full coverage and even has uninsured motorist on it in case someone hits the bike and doesn't have insurance. It has better coverage than my truck.

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
Originally posted by clutchcover
I pay $130 a year through State Farm. This is completely full coverage and even has uninsured motorist on it in case someone hits the bike and doesn't have insurance. It has better coverage than my truck.

When I had it insured... I paid just a bit more. But the reason I paid more was becuase of a liability policy that we had that forced higher coverage in the bike as well. But it was litterally full coverage, including comprehensive. Yes, you could wreck it in the woods and make a claim. I thought that was nifty.

You need you double check your homeowners as well. Nearly all home-owners policies exlcude atv's and anthing rideable/drivable that isn't used in the maintenance of the property. This means if it get stolen from your locked garage. It's not covered.

Well worth a buck and a half per year. The liability alone is worth that if you happen to run into someone on a trail, regardless of who's at fault.

-MD

Tom Ludolff

Oct 3, 2002
My '03 KDX220 is covered by American Modern Home Insurance Co. for $150 / year with a $250 deductible. This is full coverage also including damage to the bike and helmet in the event of a crash.

joey26

Apr 16, 2002
you should be able to insure it as an atv (all terrain vehicle) because the deffinition of atv is any two or four wheeled off road vehicle. that might not be quite right but i know a dirtbike is calssified as an atv

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom