CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
The infamous MR.WR has agreed to trail guide a ride for the wrecking crew in the Sacremento area. :) Details aren't concrete yet, but I figure a full Saturday ride, hotel & drinks at night, and then a half day on Sunday. What do you think. For anyone who went on the Reno ride & didn't go through the Sacremento area - let me tell you - I was drooling. :flame:

It's dry & dusty up there now, but here's Ricks Oct forecast:
"By late Oct we get a good rain, and that would make for some excellent riding." :thumb:

Barbarian Horde Roll call!

Last edited:

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
Thumbsy, isn't Dirtweek the first week of October? :debil:

It's pretty quiet in this thread....

Last edited:

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
I'm looking forward to the forced march -er, I mean ride led by Rick. FYI - The 27th is the 49er Qualifier at Elkins Flat.

Brian

Brian

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
CPT.

Please let us know when the dates are set. That sounds like a lot of fun. :yeehaw: :yeehaw: :thumb:

Ol'89r

Last edited:

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
Yea, On Saturday were going to invade Elkins Flat, then on Sunday were going to Deer Creek...

Fremontguy...check in!!

Rick

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
89r, the dates are set: Oct. 26 & 27

The Wrecking Crew needs to sound off. I know you guys get plently of rocks & sand locally. I figure a little green would be nice for a change. :yeehaw:

Senor Eel, have you submitted an application for your kitchen pass? :moon:

Last edited:

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
Summer's cooling down and the riding's gonna get great up here again. My Sundays & Mondays are free to ride. Kind of looking at that Qualifier race at E.F.on 10-27. If not, Deer Creek would be a blast. Good single track with rocky ridges to ride. Folks could also come up for Training Wheels family enduro @ Foresthill 10-13. I'll be at Foresthill Fri-Sun that weekend.

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
Brian,

I'm sure your right.... Since the Wrecking Crew is making a road trip from the L.A area I did not want to drag them too far north. Stonyford would be good.....but that is 2 hours from Sacto, and another 45 minutes from where I'm at in Lodi. If the Crew stays in Stockton, Ca then Elkins and Deer Creek is easy to get to with only short drive time to the riding area... The reason for Elkins is I know that area pretty good and the Crew would enjoy the trails. The Deer Creek on Sunday would work out for them, since it is a little farther south. they can take J-59 to Merced, Ca and hit SR99 and head south since they will only be able to ride 1/2 day on sunday......
I'm also looking at another area down by Yosemite..........having trouble getting info on that area....more to follow..

Rick

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Rick,
You know my 'love' for Elkins:) I'm good for Elkins, just thinking about the crowd. Are the SoCal folks planning on camping or doing the hotel thing?

I'm guessing you're looking for info on Miami Creek? I've never ridden there but what I've heard hasn't been all that impressive.

Brian

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Rick,
FWIW, from the south the travel time to Georgetown is almost the same as it is to Elkins. It is more miles but more highspeed interstate, and there are hotels in G'town, 15 minutes from staging area.

I've ridden Miami Creek a few times - some OK trails but not the same caliber as the better places up north.

angry jim

Sponsoring Member
Aug 4, 2000
Rick
Georgetown is a very good option. I like it as much as Elkins Flat, I think? I know the trails there pretty well. A map can be had at the ranger station close to the staging area. It helps a little. There's plenty of singletrack, and that's what it's all about!

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
ok.......ok!!!!! Georgetown it is then...both days???? what do you all think??? Come on...Wrecking Crew SOUND OFF!! Looks like the Nor.Cal guys want some action!!

Wrecking Crew, plan on staying Sacramento or Georgetown....

Brain, fill then in on hotels in the G-town area.

AngryJ..I have rode G-Town several times and had a good time there...

More to follow..

Angry, my WER damper will be ready to do battle with the rock gardens...he!! he!!! he!!!

Rick

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
No can do on the hotel thing - I've never ridden G-town. I'm looking forward to it though.

Rick - will you be camping or commuting from home?

Brian

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
3 hotels in G'town should be able to handle the wrecking crew.

Pine View Motel
6220 Hwy 193 Georgetown, CA 95643 (530) 333-5469
Georgetown Hotel & Bar
6260 Main Street Georgetown, CA 95643 (530) 333-2848
Georgetown Hilltop Motel
Highway 193 Georgetown, CA 95643 (530) 333-4141

Camping is good at the staging area, only a short drive from town.

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
Dave,

Thanks for the hotel info!! I'ms sure they like the Georgetown Hotel andBar:-)

Brain, not sure what I"m going to do yet...

Rick

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom