TC21

May 31, 2007
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
5'8" 140

2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
pretty aggressive hit jumps (10 feet on xr200)

3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
I plan too ride with friends hit jumps on trails and race on trails with friends

4) Do you have any riding experience?
4 years on xr80 and xr200

5) Do you think you will race ?
with friends on trails

6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
yes

7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
no preference

8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
CRAIGSLIST!!

9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?
not too much 800 to 1100

10) Do you live in California?
no

11) Your age?
the big 14

The question says it all. Is a kx100 too small for me or is it just right because I have never ridden a two stroke?

TC21

May 31, 2007
I have found a 1996 kx100 for 1100. Has FMF pipe, it has the spark arester, fresh plugs, tranny and gears with new lube and oil. Tabs, orv. It also has a newly rebuilt engine.
Is this a good deal?

TC21

May 31, 2007
So 5'8" is too big for a kx100. One last thing, what is the power comparison to the xr200? Does it have more or less?

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
The KX100 would certainly have more power than an XR200. A 125 will blow it away. I am 5'8" and easily fit a full size bike. The mini bikes are all too small for me to do more than play on. The only reason that I even suggested that you should shave the seat is because you said that you will be riding trails, and for that you might want to be a little closer to the ground when you put your foot down.

TC21

May 31, 2007
I have found a great bike in great condition. It is a 1994 KX125 for $1000. It has Pro Circuit exhaust, Pro Action Suspension, Gold DIDO chain, Hinson clutch, extra plastics, runs great - used rarely last 4 years.

Is this a good deal with all of the aftermarket parts? Would this be good for me?

May 10, 2007
i wouldnt buy the used rarely last 4 years.

if its only 1k for all those after market parts its gonna need work considering exhaust (depending on what kind it is) can run up to 400 for a muffler

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
flyingfuzzball said:
exhaust (depending on what kind it is) can run up to 400 for a muffler
Only the thumpers, buddy, a 2-stroke pipe retails for around $230, and another $120 for the silencer. When selling a bike, you can't add full retail to the value and expect to sell it. The seller is probably throwing the extras, that s/he won't need anyway, to sweeten the deal and further entice prospective buyers.

Sight unseen, it sounds like a good deal to me, as long as it runs well, and doesn't need more than routine maintenance. You'll probably need to grease all of the bearings, and lube all of the pivot points. Other than that,check the condition of the tires and sprockets.

Top Bottom