Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Normally I don't rant but today I must.

When I am elected supreme ruler of all things, I am going to make it a law that all autos have the gas tank fillers on the same side. I am sick and tired of going to the gas station when they are really busy, and you have that one car that has to get in line on the other side.

IT SCREWS UP THE TIMING and PROCESS !!!!! :p

Ok, I am done. thank you.

Mully

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
I believe the purpose in that is so we can use both sides of the pump going in the same direction … I think our disgruntled emotions should be directed at the loose nuts behind the wheels

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I'm with Mully on this one.. Should all be on the same side, I vote for drivers side. The passenger almost never pumps, so why make me walk my fat ass all the way over there?

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Behind the rear license plate was perfect.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
why not a filler tube on both sides of the vehicle?

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
dirt bike dave said:
The one thing I wish auto makers would standardize is how to work the windshield wipers!

Yeah, I've struggled with that a few times in rental cars.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
2-Strokes 4-ever said:
Behind the rear license plate was perfect.
+1!!!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The park at the pumps, buy no gas, get lottery tickets is pretty disturbing also. +2 for behind the license plate. Anybody dealing with the engineered new left turning sequences?

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
Mully said:
Normally I don't rant but today I must.

When I am elected supreme ruler of all things, I am going to make it a law that all autos have the gas tank fillers on the same side. I am sick and tired of going to the gas station when they are really busy, and you have that one car that has to get in line on the other side.

IT SCREWS UP THE TIMING and PROCESS !!!!! :p

Ok, I am done. thank you.

Mully

I agree. But you think it screws you up you ought to be the one with filler on the wrong side (me) and try to get in line with everybody else going in the wrong direction. Under the license plate is the way to go.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
The park at the pumps, buy no gas, get lottery tickets is pretty disturbing also. +2 for behind the license plate. Anybody dealing with the engineered new left turning sequences?

I dislike the lottery ticket people too ... especially when I'm running late and there's some gambling addict in front of me doing scratchers and going " uhh...uhhh. no...". I hate that little noise they make.... sorta like gas :bang:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
High Lord Gomer said:
You people are getting crotchety in your old age!

No kidding........... :rotfl:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Gawd! You guys are getting old. :nod: :nener:

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
thumbs said:
Who remembers the high beam button on the floor?

Got one on my '67 Mustang.

It also has a little pedal on the driver's left that will operate the wipers and give a squirt of wiper fluid.

Including the clutch, those old cars had lots of things to keep your left foot busy, lol.

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
the rear number plate is in the crumple zone in a nose to tail so I'd rather not have the fuel in that area. But life would be easier if the filler was on the drivers side. But then if you come to NZ or Japan or Brittain you have to drive on the other side of the road. I was told that the position of the fuel gauge needle points is the side the filler is on ( works on my Mazda but may not be the same on American vehicles). I'm still finding it harder to pay for than find the filler

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
I remember my boss at the Texaco station used to hold down the license plate on a customers car with his hand, AND have a lighted cigar in the same hand, while he pumped the gas.

Some cars had leaky gas caps, and somebody would pull away from the pumps, and you would see the gas dripping out behind the license plate.

Also remember same boss refusing to buy new pumps when the price of gas went over $.50 a gallon (the pumps only went up to $.499) So he started selling gas by the 1/2 gallon, until Texaco found out.

Remember having to first depress the gas pedal, to 'set' the choke. The younger folks on here have no clue how that process worked.

Top Bottom