ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
80,000 miles before you have to change the plugs is hard to beat...

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Grady said:
Remember having to first depress the gas pedal, to 'set' the choke. The younger folks on here have no clue how that process worked.
Oh yeah. And you had to master the method for a Mopar, they flooded SOOO easy. Just a slight press of the gas pedal then no pedal to start, or blub..........(quick! hold the pedal to the floor!) blub........blub......blub....blub.. (big cloud of black smoke) RUUUuuuum. And the Mopar 'way-too-easy' power steering.

Large trunks were nice, over-the-shoulder seat belts are safer too I guess. :bang:

This thread could go on and on...

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Well, they did leave the carb on the up side.

FWIW, my wife's grand dad was in the auto parts business for many years, and fan belts used to be a big profit item because they failed. A lot. I'll bet the Slant 6 belts were a big mover, lol.

Attachments

• slant 6.jpg
    slant 6.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 86

jsantapau

Nov 10, 2008
:laugh: :laugh:
High Lord Gomer said:
Who had the bright idea to take a straight 6, slant it to the side, then shove eveything underneath it?

my favorite engine , unless it rained, they just had to mount the coil ballast and the distributor in the way of any splash water if you went through a puddle deeper than a dixie cup

jsantapau

Nov 10, 2008
you know what's real funny the idea of the slant six was for low hood clearance but all the naysayers said that the pistons would wear out too fast on the one side because of the slant just like they did of any v or w blocks too bad the slant six outlasted just about any body that they put it in

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I miss bench seats, they belong in pick up trucks.

Glass headlights were nice too, what's with todays plastic covers, can't hardly figure out how to change a headlight?

No sexier American car in the world than my old 67 Chevelle... well, the 69 -70 Boss 302 was sweet too.

Kx85Krazy

Mar 14, 2008
the only thing that pisses me off more than that is the idiot neighboors with 10,000 dogs that wont let me ride my bike around the yard. "Hey kid, i take enough s*** from you already. Shut that thing off. ..." "yes sir..." "thanks!!!! (ps. im a jerk hole)". Excuse me sir, but will you kindly shut up your 10,000 dogs before i put my foot in their mouths?

Yes, we had an altercation today...

Top Bottom