TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
After many questions and many more helpfull responses, I have tuned my carb.

Just want to double check.

With my stock 2000 model KDX 200 I have raised the clip on the needle one position to the second position from the top. I have changed the main jet to a 155 and the pilot jet to a 45.

I have also drilled 5 (1cm in diameter) holes in the back of the airbox lid and removed the snorkel.

I have a natural terrain motocross race next weekend and I will not have the opportunity to test the bike prior.

Does everything I have done sound right?

------------------
"THE GRINCH"
Mean & Green
'00 KDX 200

andrew

Aug 7, 1999
Sounds good to me mate. 'cept that you could probably make those holes a little bigger, or make more of them. Keep drilling till there's no more space for another (in the top section that is).
When you're racing, fine tune your mixture screw for best throttle response. Making it richer will be better than lean.

Good luck with the racing - it's a blast! You'll probably find your engine will out-perform your suspension (forks mainly). Thats my next mod...

Cheers,

------------------
Andrew
96 KDX200
remember: skin grows back!

Russ

Jan 17, 2001
With all due respect, you didn't really "tune" the carb, you simply made some changes based on few things you were told. Mine actually runs too lean with a 155. You should check YOUR plug on YOUR bike.

------------------

Top Bottom