KXrider12

Sponsoring Member
Jan 2, 2002
alright i just got back from getting my new tire put on my bike, i went ahead and go the Maxxis m6001 intermediate tire for the rear. My shop knows how i ride, pretty aggresively and i was wondering if htis hte tire that i should have got and if i wil get ok wear out of it. the dirt around here isnt the hardest and it isnt the softest pack ever. so i think it should be a god tire for me but i dont know.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Well, since you're stuck with it, I guess you will tell us what you think. Sort of like a product review.

rwcwoh

Mar 1, 2000
I could not pass up a $43 deal on the c6001 530/18 .The tire is a little narrower than a 110/100 756 I normally use. I also found it to have very stiff sidewalls making it a real pain to mount ...to the rim!
The tire has tall wide spaced knobs, and worked pretty well in a wide range of conditions. It seems that the edges rounded faster than the 756's,and it is not prone to chunking.Most of my riding was in dry hardpack with fair amount of loose rocks. Overall good tire, I wish it did'nt have a directional pattern, for consistant handling after swapping around. I also run a little lower pressure due to the stiffer sidewalls.
--------------------

'99Wr yz timing,IMS seat and tank, PC IV tail pipe ,Power Bomb head pipe, blah blah blah......

This was my post to Thumper Talk last November.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom