....Is this Normal?

jeba6208

Sep 8, 2005
I just bought this KDX200... Previous owner told me of the need to replace the o-rings on the FMF Gnarly pipe....Lots of dripping black ooze coming out around the cylinder/FMF connection...
Does this look normal to you?

I am hoping to stop the exhaust dripping out of this connection by replacing the 2 exhaust O-rings and gasket

(Local dealer said stock O-rings are what I need)

Here's a few pictures of what I found when I took it apart.

http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g238/parafan/

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Looks fine to me.. You'll never get a perfect seal there. The black ooze.. That's spooge. It's caused from a too rich mix. From what I understand you'll never get the KDX jetted perfect, but you can come pretty close.

Read up on jetting and go from there.

jeba6208

Sep 8, 2005

Something is going on...It's spraying this black ooze all over the bottom of the front fender and has put a nice coating on the exhaust pipe.....Looks like I need to get a jetting kit since the previous owner put on an FMF Gnarly, V-Force reeds and removed the air filter top

porterdog

Aug 22, 2005
....and: Remove pipe, clean well. Clean recess in head. Apply new o-rings. Goop it up with RTV and reinstall. Let sit overnight before riding.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…