bluerider125

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2002
:yeehaw: :yeehaw: it's snowing, it's snowing, IT'S FRIGGIN SNOWING! :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

it is POURING down the snow, almost a quarter of an inch on the ground now, here in Alamogordo, New Mexico, and ya know what?? I'M RIDING IN IT TOMORROW!! (that is, if it sticks.) it rained all day today, but since my parents weren't home, i couldn't ride, but tommorow it is!! I'm so friggin happy!!

maybe i should lay off the peace pipe for a while... :)

it's a miracle...

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
6 inches by 1:30pm today, about 3 left on the ground now.  1-3 additional by morning.  First white Christmas in a while.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I'm SOOOOOO jealous. No snow here. Plenty cold, but dry. All the ski hills are hurting and I'm depressed.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
:silly: The temp was 65 here yesterday, and 60 today. We still have leaves on some of the trees.

Looks like steady cold rain for the next two days.

bluerider125

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2002
oh, shut up BSWIFT. haha, just kidding, if i lived about 20 miles from my house, i would be rolling in at least a foot of snow. have you ever heard of cloudcroft, NM? it's at around 5,000 feet above sea level, and when my dad and i went up there yesterday for a bit of jeepin', there was 10 inches of snow, but that was at around 4:30 p.m. and most of it already melted off. there is a ski "resort" there, too.

by the way, when we started cutting donuts in that jeep in 10-inch snow, we were throwing white roost about 8 feet in the air!! we have some 33's with mud tread on it, decided to test them out. worked great! only had to go into 4wheeldrive twice, i think. I love that thing. ;)

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
I believe the total opposite. Yes, snow is very fun and cool but when it falls on Halloween and doesn't leave until mid May it starts to get to ya. ;)

bluerider125

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2002
i love snow... i was just out there on my BMX for a while. there is almost a half inch on the ground right now!! (holy cow, a HALF INCH :silly: )

Y2Z

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
i live in canada and in st.catharines, we have nothen....
but soon im going up north to do some ski-dooing :D

MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
Every one shut up! lol I live in BUFFALO!! 3ft over night is NUTTIN how but 7ft in 6 hours like last year. Oh yeah now thats some serious snow. Not much this year thoe :(. About 4in on the ground now and still snowing. At least there will be a white X-mas. :)

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by Julius Pleaser
:silly: The temp was 65 here yesterday, and 60 today. We still have leaves on some of the trees.

Looks like steady cold rain for the next two days.
JP, you should come up here if you want to feel cold rain, hows 40 and rain sound? No snow here, just 20's for a week now.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I'll take your word for it. It was so warm Sunday I started to bust out a pair of shorts. If it gets below 50 here we complain about the cold.

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
It's snowing over here too :)

The first white X-MIss I've had in years, but saddly no dirt bikes to play with
:(

Person8

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 24, 2001
So far we've gotten about a half inch on the ground here in El Paso tonight. Unbelievable. I went and woke up all the kids so they could see it. I hope it stays till morning so they can go out and play in it.

Bluerider - you must not be too far from me. I've been wanting to ride Cloudcroft. Maybe we could hook up for a ride sometime.

Larry

bluerider125

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2002
sorry to hear that kav.

guess how much snow this morning at 7:30 AM... four to five inches!!!! i haven't been outside to check it officially, but when i let my dog out she could barely walk! my friend who spent the night here last night said in all the 7 years he has lived here, he has never even SEEN snow, other than the 1/2" max wew got here last year. it's a true miracle. maybe not a HUGE one, but one at least. arrrgh, no bike, i guess i'll just have to quad it! :p (did i just say that? *shiver* :eek: :) )

hey kav- take one o' them tanks, or even the KLR250's you got over there for a spin! (or is it the army that has the KLR's??)

Last edited:

bluerider125

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2002
oh, person8, i didn't even see your post, i just kinda scrolled down and hit the "quick reply" or maybe you replied when i was. Do you know you have dunes in el paso? pretty much right across Montana ave. from Thunder Alley (the dragstrip). they are pretty cool, just a little dirty when you first pull in, and it's small, but closer than Dumont or Glamis and more legal than White Sands nat'l monument. :silly: :) Cloudcroft has some pretty good trails to try, but you have to rejet, the last time we had an "all-bike" ride (no quads), even the DR-Z400 dualsport was a pig, it was running so rich. you should have seen it when we opened the gas can, jeez gas everywhere! (dang altitude :confused: )

well, i don't care HOW early it is, i am gonna go play in the snow!

see ya,

Rob

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
bluerider125
so far I haven't seen any US military dirt bikes, but I have seen some KTMs running around. I'm going to find out what country is using them and try to get a ride report :yeehaw:

bluerider125

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2002
Originally posted by Kav
bluerider125
so far I haven't seen any US military dirt bikes, but I have seen some KTMs running around. I'm going to find out what country is using them and try to get a ride report :yeehaw:

:):):)

Top Bottom