Speedway

Jan 23, 2002
Hang in there Chris,
I had a real bad accident in 1984, broken right femur, two broken arms and a broken neck. You will heal, the patience is the hardest thing to learn, be thankful.

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
Ouch!
That really sucks but you've got a great outlook. Best Wishes!

geremacheks

~SPONSOR~
Feb 14, 2002
z-cookie-----Being in the insurance business, you probably know this, but you need to get their written definition of RACING. And did you sign such a document? If something is obscure, then I think you're looking favorable. But I'll still bet they have a clause saving them the cost of that helicopter ride.

The skiing anology is something I never could understand. So many accidents happen while skiing. But so simple to pay the entrance fee and have a good time, risk or not. And so many places to ski. Off road riding should definitly be the same--but it isn't.

Let someone else to the insurance squabbling for you. You need to concentrate on resting and allowing your body and your spirit to relax so they do the healing. Think on the good things. We're all thinking of you.

Perk

~SPONSOR~
Sep 17, 2001
OUCH! That's a rough bunch of stuff going on there. Hope you make a quick and complete recovery and hope that you keep out of the hospital in the future.

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
Hey All....Making around pretty good on these crutches now. I have 4 weeks behind me, today is actually my 1 month anniversary. I will miss MT Morris Nationals this weekend, but my goal is to be ready for Budds Creek National so I can cruise the pits and see some bar banging racing!
The insurance squabble is not related to my health. My health insurance is awesome so far. Everything paid for 100%, that is so reassuring.
The insurance issue pertains to the BIKE iteself, and my gear. Here is the actual exclusion in the policy, "we will not cover a loss to a covered vehicle resulting from any pre-arrainged or organized racing, speed or demolition conteste, stunting activity, or in practice or preparation for any such contest or activity".
... I called them today after 2 weeks of no contact and 2 unreturned messages from the claim rep. Spoke to a manager there who was actually pretty nice, she appologized about the dropped ball but stated that their legal dept and head of office would have to review.
...They are basing their denial at this time with the fact that I had to pay $25 to ride at the facility! that is nowhere in this exclusion, I reaffirmed my beliefs to her, you know, that there is no public place to ride, and it is illegal in Maryland to ride on such. You have to ride on private land, and admission fees are to the land owner for maintenance, cost, insurance, etc.
If they insured my car and I paid a toll cost, that mean I am racing?
They are reaching, I know this, just disgusts me. That exclusion totally applies to racing, and the practicing issue to me seems like it is for on race day, needless, I wasn't in a race, wasnt preparing for a race. I advised the lady that they insured an off road veh, it cannot be ridden on the street, only off roads. The insurance commisioner would probably like to hear about this if they actually do a denial. The lady said she would make note of my comments.
hemeroid 911, I am sorry to hear about your misfortune as well, hang in there, attitude is probably 90%. Thanks for the encouragement.
I just got the new Transworld motocross issue in the mail today. There is an interview with Jimmy Button that is quite interesting. It raised my eyebrows, he is still recovering and is slow on the right side from the lingering paralysis. I am definately thankful my injury wasnt that severe.
Germacheks and all, I definately know that thoughts help out, its cool.
Ryche, how high was I, well the face of the lip was probably 10', it was a step down double into a single table top, (can connect the 2 in a huge jump probably). the deal was the step down gulley was where I landed, so I probably went up 5' I would think, I have no idea of knowing, havent been back since (2 hour drive). So I would think I bailed at least 15', maybe more, I dont know. Thing is that I dont know if the bike landed on me or not.
I am thinking now that I had alot of speed when approaching the jump, I had been overjumping it earlier, I think that I didnt give my 4stroke gas on take off, maybe that is what caused the front wheel to fall out...I think this is what I did, because I was thinking this jump was no real challenge, next thing you know, you out black. My bike definately went over, for back fender bent up and seat cover rear ripped. You know, I will probably fast forward that moment thru my head forever trying to figure out what went wrong. I know now to definately take every moment with full concentration. Till later, talk to you then.
Chris...... :D

AnneBrooks

Jan 17, 2001
WOW! Hope you heal soon! And hang in there on the insurance issue--bunch of scam artists!

I, too, am on the injured list and I can tell you that a good attitude definitely helps! I got depressed for a while and hindered my recovery. I am doing much better now, and have a much better attitude! Hang in there!

Anne

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
get well Chris. Maybe you could win the bench racin contest at DW02 with that story. Not many are going to try an top you. Except A.J. He doesn't seem to mind breaking human parts :silly:

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
Yeah... I was thinking seriously about going to DW 02 this year, it would be my first and I should be able to ride again by then , I hope...I already put in the info to Mapquest, only 22 hours away...I have to check the date again, for I know I planned on going to Steel City National last race as well, I dont know if the date are the same, I dont think they are.
July is gonna be a hard month, for I am pretty sure I will be feeling pretty good but should probably keep off the mount!!!

Top Bottom