J-law arrested.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Jason Lawrence spent the night in jail in Red Bud. Not sure what he did to get himself there but the AMA has made good the $25,000 fine and donated it to the Asterisk medical group.

Lawrence has been suspended by the AMA and will not be riding Red Bud.

That didn't take long. :whoa:

What a terrible waste of talent. :coocoo:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
:rotfl: :rotfl: :cool: :nener:

Good to see he was finally punished for being a complete doofus!

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
The rumor mill is flying that the AMA has suspended him indefinitely and the YOT has finally had enough and is in the process of terminating his contract.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Has this guy every had a timeout?(sarcasm laiden question) He gives cocky a bad name.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Wonder what the editors over at Transworld MX are thinking right now :) ? The cover story (I wish Spider hadn't thrown it in his car before he left) in the issue we got this week proclaimed J Law has learned his lesson the bad boy was no more. I laughed when I saw it in light of his incident 2 weeks ago and now this soon I sure hope both YOT and AMA have some teeth this time.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I like RC more than J-Law.

At least he was never a punk.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
XRpredator said:

So, does this mean that J-Law now sets the bar (pun intended,) for "mamimus suckage," at least at this point in time, anyway, XRP?

Dec 8, 2007
What a tragic waist of talent. I think all this guys antics are compensation for some self worth issue or something.

Backslayer

Go Big or Go Home
~SPONSOR~
May 27, 2007
quote from cyclenews:
The AMA will make a decision next week on Jason Lawrence's future. 7/5/2008

As if he didn’t have enough problems already, Yamaha of Troy’s Jason Lawrence was arrested for disorderly conduct while at Red Bud Track N Trail on the evening of July 4th, and released the following morning from the Berrien County Jail on $100 bail. Lawrence was at Red Bud Track N Trail for round six of the AMA Toyota Motocross Series when an alleged fight broke out between Lawrence and another person, ending in Lawrence’s arrest. This coming just three weeks after an incident at Freestone Country Raceway in Texas where Lawrence rolled his mechanic’s rental car in the parking lot. Lawrence was put on probation by the AMA for the rental car incident and was given a $25,000 suspended fine which the AMA said would be dropped if Lawrence stayed clean for the rest of the year. According to the AMA’s Jeff Canfield, Lawrence was suspended from the weekend’s race and, according to Canfield, ‘the AMA will be issuing a statement about the incident at the first part of the week.’ When asked about reports that Yamaha had terminated Lawrence’s contract, Team Yamaha’s Jim Perry said that Lawrence was under contract with Yamaha of Troy and not Yamaha and so it would be Yamaha of Troy’s responsibility to act on the situation. “I’m sure the AMA will suspend him for a while and collect the $25,000 fine,” said Perry. Yamaha of Troy team manager Chris McAvoy would not comment on the situation other than to say that a press release would be issued this week.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
XRpredator said:

Yea, RC never pulled those kind of "shenanigans." :p

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Track rumors: He was in a fight and somehow managed another auto incident in the B lot Friday night, the adult full blown carnage lot. If you get real loud to the wrong people, you WILL go to jail. You can do a lot of stupid stuff, and get away with it. As long as you do not involve or endanger anyone. It is a laugh a minute. So he gets booted and it was said his contract is gone. WHAT A DUMB ASS! Pit bike class is calling.

Backslayer

Go Big or Go Home
~SPONSOR~
May 27, 2007
You know he's kind of like the FRO, win a title then party too much, He should go sit down with emig, and listen to his regrets.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
2-Strokes 4-ever said:
Yea, RC never pulled those kind of "shenanigans." :p

Here is what RC said in Racerhead about JLaw...

Backslayer

Go Big or Go Home
~SPONSOR~
May 27, 2007
I think RC should call him out, and whip his ass at any track on a 125

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Backslayer said:
You know he's kind of like the FRO, win a title then party too much, He should go sit down with emig, and listen to his regrets.
while Emig and his crew might have done their share of the partying, they sure didn't seem to do it *at* the races.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
They used to wreck the rental cars back at the hotel. Seemed like a way better idea to me? Well, unless you REALLY want to show your ass in front of a lot of people! I have never heard of drinking alcohol the night before to be a good idea either.

twilliams811

Jan 2, 2008
well i guess he 'parties like a rockstar' so maybe he should drop mx seeing as how he is out for a year, and go where all the other ones who got their credentials pulled......fmx. and become a part of the metal militia

mkelly04

Jul 27, 2007
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

The guy is a tool. The only people worse then him are the people who defend him. I'm sorry, but 21 isnt a kid. If he had pulled some of this crap at 16 I might feel a little sympathy but at 21 he is an adult and I'm glad he is finally being treated like one. :)

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
truespode said:
Here is what RC said in Racerhead about JLaw...

I'll bet Pred likes RC better, after reading that. :)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Vic said:
I'll bet Pred likes RC better, after reading that. :)
I like him better than J-outlaw, that's for sure.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
And I actually held back from posting a thread on here a couple months ago:
"What's up with this Jason Lawrence guys attitude?" I think it was a magazine ad I saw, maybe YOT, or Fly...? something where his face was all contorted into "Yea, I'm a punk."
That's now been comfirmed.... he is. Issue solved. See ya........

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…