oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Well some reporter and editor have got to be doing some fast talking about this cover

img013.jpg

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
AMA's statement
http://www.transworldmotocross.com/article.jsp?ID=1000062804&typeID=102&type=news

his apology
http://www.transworldmotocross.com/article.jsp?ID=1000062754&typeID=102&type=news
An Apology from Jason Lawrence
Posted: Jul 8, 2008

Hey everybody,

I want to start out by apologizing to everyone at RedBud, my team at Yamaha of Troy and the entire MX industry on what not only happened this past weekend, but also for the rest of the crap I've been involved with this past year.

Things are pretty much rock bottom for me right now. I was on top of the world when I won the Western Lites title a couple months ago and now I'm sitting here feeling like crap. I've got my side of the story regarding what went down at RedBud, yeah, but there's no sense in telling it. The simple answer is I put myself into a situation that I shouldn't have been in and because of that I've let a bunch of people down.

I've run into some problems away from the track that have affected my results and it's become apparent that I've got to address them. I am taking action to deal with these issues and to make sure incidents like what happened this past weekend don't occur again. I'm calling on people that have been there with me through thick and thin, relying on them to help me with my problems and get me on back on track as I've come to realize these are things I can't handle myself.

Motocross is my life. I love the sport and don't know where I'd be without it. And being a champion I'm constantly in the spotlight and my every move – good or bad – is discussed and debated online and in the press. It's a lot to handle and, in all honesty, I've had a bad year dealing with it.

But that's going to change. I am going to try to turn this into positive and use this opportunity to fix the things that are causing these problems in the first place.

Again, I'm extremely sorry for my actions. To guys like my agent, Scott Sepkovic, and to Scott Paul, who owns Yamaha of Troy. Also, to Chris McAvoy, my team manager, and Keith McCarty at Yamaha, plus my mom and all the guys at the AMA who've had to put up with my behavior, I'm sorry. Very, very sorry.

But most of all I want to apologize to my fans. If I'd have bought a ticket to see my favorite guy race at RedBud and he got kicked off the property for getting in a fight the day before I'd be mad as hell. So to all my fans and fans of motocross in general, I'm going to take the extra step to make sure we're cool again. I promise to make amends to you guys because there's nothing better than seeing you pumped up when I'm doing well – and still having my back when I'm not doing so well, like right now.

I'm not making any excuses. I screwed up good this past weekend and I'm prepared to do what it takes to get back where I was when I won the supercross title. I'm no angel and never will be. But what I will be is responsible for my actions, take the right measures to correct things and learn from my mistakes.

JLaw

kdx200chick

Mar 27, 2004
here is the latest....

The American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) announced today that it has suspended professional motocross rider Jason Lawrence for unacceptable behavior detrimental to the sport.

According to AMA officials, Lawrence was arrested for disorderly conduct at Red Bud Track & Trail on July 4 while in Buchanan, Michigan, for round six of the AMA Toyota Motocross Series Presented by FMF. The incident follows a penalty and suspended fine issued in June for conduct detrimental to the sport at the Freestone County Raceway during round three of the series in Wortham, Texas.

"Mr. Lawrence is suspended indefinitely," said AMA Director of Motocross/Supercross/ATV Ryan Holliday. "In addition, the $25,000 fine that was issued after the June incident and suspended contingent upon the successful completion of a one-year probation will now be imposed." Holliday added that the AMA would not reconsider Lawrence's status until the conclusion of the 2008 season.

Lawrence was notified of the suspension at the race on July 5.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
You really believe they will let him loose this year? Who will pick him up, the Chinese Tornado race team? Go race in Canada, Europe, permanently? Motocross is "it", supercross is something to do in the winter. JM did it all, and then some. Oh no wait, JL will get some high priced lawyer, and sue for discrimination. Yamaha will pay for his rehab, and keep his job!

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
You really believe they will let him loose this year? Who will pick him up, the Chinese Tornado race team? Go race in Canada, Europe, permanently? Motocross is "it", supercross is something to do in the winter. JM did it all, and then some. Oh no wait, JL will get some high priced lawyer, and sue for discrimination. Yamaha will pay for his rehab, and keep his job!

My guess is he'll be back for Anaheim #1 after being re-instated by the AMA with another round of probation. Sadly I'd bet there will be plenty of teams that will want to have the current #1 plate running under their tent given we will see a boatload of press about the new reformed Jason Lawrence between now and then.

Jason can likely get comfortable with the fact any future contracts will likely have a very small salary and be very heavy on performance incentives.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Everyone deserves a second chance... or third maybe? :think: We'll see if the talk matches the walk. Still doesn't mean I have much faith though.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
When was the last time a racer got his license yanked for acting like an idiot? 2 things I noticed. (1)The suspension is not dated. (2)His too late apology, I will be damned if he does not reference a viable accuse for him being in the B lot of Redbud! Oh, and it took 4 days to come up with that load of crap apology. I hate to admit, he has a rather large fan base. Me, I thought good riddance to bad blood. Last outdoor season sealed that opinion. He received a year probation, and cried. Shows his ass again this year at Freestone, and gets another year. By my count, he done had his 3 strikes. Your out of there bucko!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
It's no doubt that AMA will do something stupid..

Any team that gives that idiot "factory money" will be well advised to keep him on a very short leash. They might just want to hire someone to hold his hand while at the track, so as to keep him out of places he can cause trouble.

rodH

Aug 17, 2005
Why do punks like him even try and fight, I mean really, the kid is a total tool and I am pretty sure those twigs aren't going to hurt many people. What ever happened to proving it on the track? Maybe he is trying to appeal to the TAPOUT crowd or something?

BTW, I LOVE how RC calls him out. He didn't hold back an I am glad he didn't. I am not one to enjoy sports figures dishing out smack, BUT this time it was totally called for. I'd love to see RC just "play" with the punk. I always thought it was interesting how JL would say "I am just as good as Villapoto" before a race, then to see the punk finish 4th or crash out a couple hours later, only to see Poto kill everyone else.

I have to admit, I like seeing the respect of some of the new guys like Canard, Dungey and Villapoto, the attitudes of the Alessi's and JL can take a hike.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
rodH said:
Why do punks like him even try and fight, I mean really, the kid is a total tool and I am pretty sure those twigs aren't going to hurt many people. What ever happened to proving it on the track? Maybe he is trying to appeal to the TAPOUT crowd or something?

BTW, I LOVE how RC calls him out. He didn't hold back an I am glad he didn't. I am not one to enjoy sports figures dishing out smack, BUT this time it was totally called for. I'd love to see RC just "play" with the punk. I always thought it was interesting how JL would say "I am just as good as Villapoto" before a race, then to see the punk finish 4th or crash out a couple hours later, only to see Poto kill everyone else.

I have to admit, I like seeing the respect of some of the new guys like Canard, Dungey and Villapoto, the attitudes of the Alessi's and JL can take a hike.
I am glad somebody else dragged Alessi into this. Yup, his attitude sucks also, not to the extent of behind bars, but you watch how this near death experience will effect Mike's attitude. Some learn, some do not. No-law will never change. Heard anymore issues with Hill? Not yet.

ericz103

Aug 18, 2006
Hmmm. Jlaw and RC are both supossed to be in X-games
RC in Step up and Jlaw in racing. RC should race just to make good on his promise to hand jlaw's ass to him. I think it would be great entertainment.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
^^^ Would be cool to see, but I doubt that RC's in racing condition and wouldn't line up to race anyone without doing his homework. That's the difference between the two.
J-Law... (fire my trainer because I'm bad.)
RC... (HIRE a trainer because I'm bad.)

One of these choices makes sense. :whoa:

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
RC may not be at his all-time best condition, but I'm certain he could still easily spank J-Law on a real MX track, 30 minutes + 2 laps, x 2 motos.

On some freak show X games SX course, anything could happen, but 9 times out of 10 RC would still come out on top.

I personally would love to see RC race just to see if he could lap J-Law, but I don't expect it to happen. RC has nothing left to prove on the track. He's the best MX racer ever. Period.

Beating some punk like J-Law in a next to meaningless race would mean less to RC than finding a penny in his sock drawer.

He's probably doing the step up because he thinks its fun and he likes the challenge. No one can play with RC at his game (MX), so he's going to beat the FX riders at one of their games.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
dirt bike dave said:
No one can play with RC at his game (MX), so he's going to beat the FX riders at one of their games.

And he did, mostly, if he'd been able to get back on after that nasty get off he did, he'd have proven he's the best at that game too.

I bet he kicks the crap outta them next time he does it though.

ericz103

Aug 18, 2006
Agree with you guys for the most part. RC has nothing to prove and doubt he would ever do it, but any excuse to see him race would be great. I bet he could kill it without much getting back into shape.

As far as step up he looked good at it last time, and MCgrath certainly did well when he was in the stepup competitions. But I doubt RC is going to easily walk away with anything.

defo26

Apr 23, 2007
Yeah J-Law is really stupid if you ask me. He was at a race in Wildwood New Jersey with Adam Blessing. They were drinking and smoking pot in the trailor next to ours. They played beer pong till 5 in the morning and then woke up at 8 to race. Its going to catch up to him sooner or later

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
^^^ His new bike colors and gear looked sharp in his heat race... he looked quick too. Too bad I'm old and couldn't stay awake past the heat races. Fortunately, Speed airs again tonight. Another chance for me to root for someone to take him out!... no, I don't mean for "beers and bongs."

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom