Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
Caught this over at Racer-X

James Stewart to be featured in Sports Illustrated

Racer X has learned that the editors of Sports Illustrated, the national weekly sports magazine, will be doing a feature on Team Chevy Trucks/Kawasaki's James Stewart in their April 29 issue. A reporter and photographer for the mainstream publication will be visiting Stewart's house this week in Haynes City, Florida, for the piece. Previous SI articles on motocross have included pieces on Jeremy McGrath, Hollyoowd actor Steve McQueen and notorious supercross founder Michael Goodwin.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by GasGasSmoker
Why give him all the publicty

Youngest ever to win a 125 SX? Well spoken? Has one of the most incredible riding style out there? In great shape? Great ambassador of the sport since he started winning LL's? Transcends the sport itself?

You know, I have no clue either.

Maybe it is b/c he has a chance at being the best our sport has ever seen and SI recognizes the growth of SX and wants to capitalize on it.

Ivan

JimmyD2

~SPONSOR~
Nov 10, 2000
I agree with the above reasons. But I think we all know that a major part of it is because he's a black kid in a predominantly white sport. A prodigy that is expected to break records as well as a color barrier. Sort of the Tiger of MX/SX. The media eats up a story like this. Race shouldn't be a factor - but it is. :think:

Top Bottom