Status
Not open for further replies.

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
March 24, 2002

Stewart injury update

As you’re about to see on ABC’s Wide World of Sports (we wanted to hold off this report until air time, so stop reading if you want to wait for the broadcast!), Team Chevy Trucks/Kawasaki’s James Stewart broke his right foot when he crashed on Saturday during practice. (The crash was caught by the ABC cameras.) But with medical attention from Asterisk’s Dr. John Bodnar, Stewart was able to continue competing in an effort to maintain his points lead. Stewart won his heat race, but crashed in the first turn of the main event, causing more pain in his injured foot.

Racer X reader Mitch Youts and his brother ran into Stewart and his family on Sunday morning at the Houston airport. Stewart was in a wheelchair and, according to Youts, Bubba's foot was swollen up "like a pumpkin - it was mangled." Fortunately, Stewart has until the Dallas race, in mid-April, to heal up.

We'll keep you posted as we learn more about James' condition.

Caught this over at Racer-X :( :(

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Just goes to show you what an incredible determination Stewart has, in continuing to race, and do reasonably well. Consider breaking, then reinjuring your foot in the first turn, then falling a few more times during the race, then FINISHING.:scream:

This kid's gonna be a great champion.:cool:

yz400fer69

Jun 5, 2001
The kid will be a great champion if he is around long enough. As fast as he is and as much as he crashes you will only stay not injured for so long. But he will be a great champion.

ktm033

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 19, 2001
hmmmmm, similiar to Pastrana, only this kid is faster so maybe he will knock himself out sooner????

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
I saw the crash, it wasant too bad, he just sorta flopped over right before a berm on flat ground.
I saw a vid. of him limpin a bit on the pits

326mx

Mar 25, 2002
No doubt this phenom will do better than Pastrana.... Pastrana has failed to live up to the hype... Pastrana yes is a great rider yet he can't keep his bike right sude up. Whereas Stewart has already shown he can win against seasoned riders. In the season opener Bubba was runnin times enough to be in the top 5 in the 250 class.... Him and RC were playin a game of cat and mouse for four laps in practice.... The kid also punched the ground with his head HARD in the whoops during practice yet finished second. No doubt is in my mind that Stewart will be a champion to make people say "Ricky who???"

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
Give me a break.. It's Pastrana's first season on the 250s and he's shown that he's got the speed to win, and run up front consistently (if he can keep it on two wheels). I wouldn't be so quick to write him off. Consider who he's up against, who have had a several year head start on him in this class on these bikes, I'd say he's doing as well as anyone should have expected him to. Did you really expect him to come out into the 250s and spank Carmichael every weekend?

Dougie

Mar 2, 2000
Didn't Pastrana win against seasoned riders in 125 last year? Didn't Pastrana have 125 times that would place in the top 5 of 250s last year? Didn't Pastrana crash, get hurt and ride to wins last year? I think he did.

94ruck

Sep 14, 2001
Umm , err, whatta bout this year? How about that i can't finish millville but I can free style deal...just a thought as i like all the riders and try to stay out of the controversial stuff!

Norm

Mar 1, 2000
Before you guys give up on Pastrana because he's having a hard time during his first season in the 250 class, remember how Ricky did his first 250SX season...

Norm

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
I'll be surprised to see Pastrana go another 2 years in racing. He just doesn't seem to have the fire to drive him. I think he will go to Freestyle where he has more fun and the opportunity to express himself. If I am right MX will lose a great rider and more importantly a great role model for the sport. He has the speed and talent but with out the drive just won't stay :(

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
I've sorta' been thinking the same thing about Pastrana recently. I read his last article in RacerX and he started it out by saying something like, "Racing Supercross is NOT fun." It just didn't sound like something that Pastrana would say or write. It seems like it's been a lot tougher than he predicted. Plus he's got all the grief to deal with from the LaRocco incident as well. He seems like he's getting a little jaded with the whole thing at a really early stage.

spy-yamaha

Feb 24, 2002
Leave the poor kid alone. He can whoop all of you including me any day of the week in freestyle or racing. So shut your mouths and lets let the kid race! People like LaRocco cause controversy where it is not needed. And Team Honda I bet isn't helping Pastrana's mind. I can't wait tell the nationals. I hope he wins.

326mx

Mar 25, 2002
All i was saying is... that Pastrana doesn't have what it takes... no doubt a great rider but he just can't keep his crap together. Spy also no one here said they could beat Patrana and i know i couldn't. Yet, I think Stewart is much like McGrath in his drive and determination to win.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
spy-yamaha
You are entitled to your opinion, BUT..
Leave the "shut your mouths" , kind of crap out of your posts. Learn how to express yourself.

Mach5

Mar 29, 2002
Did you see Pastrana live at Atlanta? Right on Carmichaels tail.Till the flu bug got him. The kid is extremley fast. I hope his interest stays in superX. Maybe he will not get the Ron Lechein, Damon Bradshaw syndrome. As far as Honda messin with his head, If any of the factories can, they will, especially Honda. They have a championship to lose and they already paid for it.

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
I think Stewart has a couple of advantages Pastrana doesn't have. As I posted before, I think Pastrana is going to crash out. Its a self control thing. Stewart has it. Pastrana doesn't. Also James Stewart has had better parental guidance relative to career altering events.. Time will prove me right on this one.James Stewart is the real deal. Complete package. Parents to Kawasaki to just the god given physical tallent, determination, intelligence, and focus this kid has. Enjoy it, its a once in a lifetime event.:)
Please understand I hope I'm wrong about Pastrana's longterm prospects. He's one of my favorite's...he is my kids favorite MX racer. Great person and great for this sport should he stay around. He's just getting predictable.:ugg:

Last edited:

Solid State

Mar 9, 2001
Stewart is way fast and moves on the bike almost exactly like RC. I think falling is inevitable at those speeds.

I worry about Pastrana though. He has smacked his skull quite a bit and sometimes in rapid succession. I read interviews where he talks about tunnel vision and losing his vision "worse than normal" when riding. :scream:

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Originally posted by spy-yamaha
*Moderator edit* nothing worth quoting

You're cool. How old are we again, like 12? Grow up... :silly:

Pit_Monkey

May 19, 2001
Its a self control thing. Stewart has it. Pastrana doesn't

Funny......I see it just the opposite of that. I knew that Bubba would be injured before the seasons end. Is he fast........Yes, But is he controlled.......NO!!! i raced my first race this weekend and i learned alot oabout the difference between being fast and having control and being fast but being all over the track. i was out there in the top ten in my first race out of 45 riders and i found my self on my face twice and the second time i was unable to get my bike started and it cost me the race and the position to qualify to the main event. if you watch bubba it looks like he just pins it and hopes hes able to stay on the bike long enough to win. i remember when he was winning and crashed and had enough time to get back up and win. now suppose that happens again but he breaks a part on the bike or himself, and can't continue......then what. when racing arent you supposed to race not just fly around the track he makes himself look fast and the others look slow but when you look past the lap times and watch him ride you see that he really isnt that skilled.......he is much faster than i am however i dont feel that he will be the next ricky, i think he'll kill himself long before he ever gets the opportunity. :think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom