Jawbone Canyon Thank & Spank Weekend

KTMster

Mar 27, 2001
Help! Thom & I are planning to make the Jawbone Thank & Spank weekend and we need directions to get there from Riverside.

Thanks in advance for any help & directions. :confused:

drBill

Dec 2, 2001
KTMster, 15N to 395 N. When you get into red mountain, take the highway that heads west towards the 14 hwy. (can't remember the #) When it connects to the 14 you
re pretty close. I can't remember if it hits the 14 N or S of Jawbone. (I always come N on the 14 thru mojave). It's about3-4 miles south of Red Rock Canyon off the 14. (West of the 14. You can't miss it. There's signs directing you west into the canyon. Have fun. We may be going up too.

Actually I just checked. It's red rock road W to 14S 1 mile to Jawbone.

Bill

Last edited:

endoquest

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 4, 2000
I will DEFIFINITELY be there, have been for ten Spanksgivings. I'll be bringing quite a few victims/friends from the Northwest with me for a full week. See ya there!

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
How to get there - these mileages are from my truck so I can only guarantee the one at Autozone is accurate

From the north end of Mojave at the Autozone 14/58 highway split zero your trip meter.

Take highway 14 north towards Mammoth/Reno

At mile 18.25 turn left at Jawbone Canyon.

Continue past the cattle crossing at mile 22.1 where the road turns to dirt.

At mile 22.7 turn right on to SC176, go across the wash and at mile 22.8 veer left - there is a sign saying SC176 goes straight.

At 22.95 which is basically the first available turn veer right so that the closest hills (colored blue if you are arriving in daylight) are on your left.

Follow around the base of the hill until our camp which is at mile 23.1.

Look for white Dodge Ram with DRN sticker in rear window, green flatbed Dodge with "Gemini Concrete Pumping" on door.

Everyone is welcome. Bring firewood and anything else you need/want to consume.

KTMster

Mar 27, 2001
Thank you very much for the directions. The threads were quite entertaining also!

We'll be leaving Thursday morning and staying until Monday. It looks like a couple of our friends will be joining us as well.

KTMster

Mar 27, 2001
Just out of curiosity, has anybody started a head count as far as how many people will be out to enjoy the festivities? If not, maybe we can start one now as to how may people wll be showing up at the ol' Chicken Ranch.

endoquest

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 4, 2000
So far, from the great Northwest and the Emerald Trail Riders, we've got at LEAST fifteen riders and families. Keep in mind that there will be the usual Jawbone Wrecking Crew of another dozen or two for the full week. This is where I met most of my closest friends, including the great bird himself. Many of us have left the So Cal region but reunite every year in the fabled canyon. Only a few of the Oregon crew are DRNers; Bonehead, rapids, Pegasus and I. They're all good people though and would like to meet all of you. Trust me, you will have a great time.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom