KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Get yourself to Mojave via 5/14 or whatever.

From the north end of Mojave at the Autozone 14/58 highway split zero your trip meter.

Take highway 14 north towards Mammoth/Reno

At mile 18.25 turn left at Jawbone Canyon.

Continue past the cattle crossing at mile 22.1 where the road turns to dirt.

At mile 22.7 turn right on to SC176, go across the wash and at mile 22.8 veer left - there is a sign saying SC176 goes straight.

At 22.95 which is basically the first available turn veer right so that the closest hills (colored blue if you are arriving in daylight) are on your left.

Follow around the base of the hill until our camp which is at mile 23.1.

Look for white Dodge Ram with DRN sticker in rear window, green flatbed Dodge with "Gemini Concrete Pumping" on door.

Everyone is welcome. Bring firewood and anything else you need/want to consume.

At the present rate of hopeless ineptitude I am displaying I will arrive Sat afternoon/evening.

Last edited:

endoquest

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 4, 2000
Cool beans thumbs, we'll be getting there Friday evening too. Weather's looking good aside from pea-soup fog up here, no rain though. If all goes well we should get there around 8-10pm. There will be a dozen of us travelling together. We will probably stop in Mojave for water and cheap booze. Kiwi, see you Saturday. Last post for me, leaving at 4:00am, see you there! Endo

Jimbokdx

Oct 22, 2002
Well, I just got us a camping trailer. We will be out on Wednesday evening. We plan on bringing Thanksgiving food with us. We'll see if some people want to throw in for a pot luck. See you guys then!

Jimbo

KTMster

Mar 27, 2001
Thom & I will be leaving early Thurs., the 28th and staying until Mon., the 2nd. Six of our other riding partners will be joining us in the festivities Fri., the 29th probably around noonish. And we also have five other friends who are still contemplating on whether or not they can make it.

We will have our toybox-type trailer in tow, as well as our two other groups of friends. Does anybody know if the camp site is going to be big enough for everybody to camp together at the same site.

Sounds like it is going to be a great turn-out!

Darla

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
My bike currently has 2 working gears ... ripped it apart on Saturday but couldn't sort it out. I might come out next Saturday but it isn't looking too good. Hope everyone's having a hoot ...

KTMster

Mar 27, 2001
Originally posted by thumbs
There were about 6 or 7 toybox/motorhome/trailers there this weekend and room for a few more. Plenty of space nearby.
Cool. Hopefully we'll all be able to squeeze in the same camp site but if not we are bringing the golf cart that we can cruise over in. :-)

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
you can't miss the camp - it's right across from "The Wall" and is full of KTM 520's & trials bikes.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
If camp is near the wall, are you guys over by the green mountain? It's been about 15 yrs. since I've been there, so I'm guessing!

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Thumbsy - thanks for the bike offer... don't worry about it though. See you Saturday ...

acreboyz

Nov 22, 2002
Hey Guy,s
I had a great time meeting you and did some riding with EEL and CptJack. I love the smell of premix, campfires and wet dirt. I will watch for future rides and get togethers.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Acreboyz - very nice to meet you as well. Sorry it took so long to find us - the ride was good fun. Jawbone really is phenomenal !

Definitely check the So Cal Wrecking Crew forum for future rides ... they happen just about every weekend ... and many times you can hook up track rides during the week as well.

Until next time ... !

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
See what I mean .... "lasting memories" ! It doesn't get much better than that ... ( :

endoquest

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 4, 2000
Still suffering from Post-Vacation-Work-Disorder. Too busy to write but will follow up soon. Thx all!

Top Bottom