KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
:yeehaw: :yeehaw: IT'S RAINING IN JAWBONE!!! :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Captain J----if I can get the kitchen pass lined up I plan to go up Sat. AM and leave Sun. PM. I'll keep you posted on that. I have a 2 room tent, stove, lantern, tables, etc., so if you and Rich need shelter I'll have room.
More to follow soon!

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
Fred, I'll have to check my Drill dates, but I'm up for the first weekend for sure. Not certain about the 2nd weekend or (week)days in between yet.

Kiwi, what jetting should I plan on? I ran 45/175 this weekend at Gorman and it worked great. If anything I think I may still be a hair rich in the bottom-mid transition.

Jimbokdx

Oct 22, 2002
Are there going to be any families going? I ride with my wife and two 13 year old boys. We are not too fast, but we do like to have fun.

Jimbo

endoquest

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 4, 2000
Jimbo, there are at least three families coming down from Oregon for the whole week.

endoquest

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 4, 2000
We are all camping in trailers and RVs, we'll be there the whole time. Just come on out and join the party! See ya there. New tires are recommended!

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
We've decided to scrap the tent and 'car-camp' since the back of the Pilot is so roomy, well insulated, and off the ground. Plus we won't have to worry that our tent blows away!
I'll bring our stove, lantern, easy-up, and a couple tables if Capt. Jack or Pvt. Joker want to share. Just bring your own sleeping quarters and food!

Jimbokdx

Oct 22, 2002
Of course the family and I were riding this weekend. The weather was beautiful as I am sure it will be next weekend. We are excited about Thanksgiving week. We will probably show up on the first weekend for day rides and come back during the week for camping. The wife is probably gonna have to make a journey back to the house every day for a shower and electric hair dryer. She doesn't understand camping, but I'll keep her anyway!

Oh, by the way, are we going to be the only ones with quads??

Jimbo

So, are we going to be the only

endoquest

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 4, 2000
Jimbo, you are probably the only quads but don't let that stop you from having fun with your family and some of the other flatlanders. Most of the intermediate and advanced rides are two-wheels only. Alot of quads and dune buggies go to Dove Springs which is only 5-6 miles away on trail. It's alot sandier there, not as much gnarly stuff.
Now, for those of you that have the knack for some ugliness, let me refer to some of my delicious quotes from past victims. "This isn't riding! And who the hell are YOU?". "Look, I can see our camp!". "Are you laughing or crying?". "Oooooh!". "We're going.....THERE?". "See if it starts now". "It could be worse". "That's just WRONG".
Hope to see you all there. I'm in a green Dodge flatbed and a travel trailer with my evil twin "Cornfed". Bring good tires!

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
Thumbsy, Eel, ... when are you guys going up?

Jimbokdx

Oct 22, 2002
I spoke to one of the BLM law enforcement guys. He said in the surrounding area (i.e. Dove Springs, Jawbone, Spangler, Red Mountain, etc.) there is usually about 500 riders on a given weekend. During Thanksgiving, he expects over 7,000 riders! I think we may need traffic cops!

Jimbo

P.S. My wife may not be able to climb many of the narrow, insanely verticle hills.... but she is no flatlander. She likes to point it up the hill and go!!

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
I'll be arriving in the early morning on the first Sunday ... around 8 AM or so ...

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Im starting to think that this is going to end up looking like a scene from Road Warriors. Bikes and Buggies surrounding the DRN Wrecking Crew Compound. Ok whos bring the gyro copter?

endoquest

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 4, 2000
Uh, I think the wrong impression is starting here. The first weekend there won't be ANYBODY there except our own little world. It's great. Also, whatever the BLM guy said, I've never seen that many people there, not even close. Dove Springs gets pretty full later in the week and Jawbone has it's share but that's not until Wednesday night and Thursday. Even then, most people stay in the canyon while the "loonies" go on long trail rides.
Thumbs, Eel, Bundy, Jimbo, Boodac, Captain Jack, KTMBoy, we'll be arriving Friday night, ready to party. Can't wait!

Jimbokdx

Oct 22, 2002
You are right, Endoquest. The BLM guy said he expected 7000 riders on Thanksgiving holiday weekend. But that included a large area in which Jawbone is just a part. Maybe we will just drive out Friday night (with no bikes) to meet you guys.

So, are you guys interested in a potluck Thanksgiving Dinner?

Jimbo

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Looks like I wont make it until Sun. morning. :|
The trailer i am borrowing is in need of some repairs, looks like Sat. is the day to work on it.
Oh well, see you guys then.

bundy

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
I'm hitching a ride up for the first weekend w/ Thumbs. I think the plan is to leave Friday if possible. I'll probably leave my bike so that I can drive out Thursday in my car.

Kiwi, can you grab some of those Allen head screws (for the float bowl) that you said you had a bunch of? I mean if it's not too much trouble and they're not packed away somewhere. What size main are you running out there? I was pretty dialed in 2 weeks ago at Gorman, but I'm a perfectionist!

I got fresh rubber and it's gonna be sweet!

endoquest

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 4, 2000
No problem Bundy, it looks like we're gonna have a good crew during the week too. Leaving your bike is fine CPT Jack, there is always someone in camp. Kiwi, you've gotta try this bike. Jimbo, Spanksgiving dinner is usually a pot-luck type deal but you can't really count on it either. Some years we have too much and some not enough, kinda hard to gauge. Bring what you want for yourself, if everyone is sharing, do the same. After all, we're social misfits and can't be counted on for anything!

Top Bottom