jetting work. now it wont start.

kx12504

Nov 16, 2005
ok i took the carb a part last night on my 04 kx125 and adjusted my clip position on my needle because it was running to rich. i took out today for a ride and now it wont start. i changed the plug twice so i know thats not it and i tried pouring a lil fuel into where the sprak plug goes and it will start then but only run for about 5 secs. it seems to me its like it isnt getting any fuel. could anyone tell me what might be wrong?

rm_racer

Mar 15, 2005
Ive done it before so I thought I would ask first. Take it back apart and see if any of the jets are clogged. Also see if the fuel line is pinched or clogged.

kx12504

Nov 16, 2005
yeah i took it back apart and blew out all the jets and moved the clip back to the stock position, i didnt check the fuel line though so let me try that and ill tell you how it goes. thanks.

nickyd

Sep 22, 2004
Bad Luck. Honestly, sometimes it happens - I have learned this hard way - sometime if you put the needle back in and don't physically moved the float up and down, it won't release (maybe the needle has some junk on it or whatever). you can try to tap the bowl but I have never had any luck. when I clean a carb, I spray the needle with carb cleaner, attach it to the float and install it and then move the float up and down - I put a little shot of carb cleaner on the needle and then button the carb up. the float can stick open too for the same reasons.

woody 67

Oct 17, 2005
I had the same problem today out saturday cold dry day bike ran great . I know my pilot jet is a little rich I'm out about 2 1/2 sometimes 3 turns on the air screw on dry cold day . Well today holy pile of junk wet day bike wont start had to put in a smaller pilot jet to get it to run . How many turns out are you on your air screw ? How many turns was it when you took it off for cleaning ? What does the spark plug look like when you pull it after trying to start it ?

kx12504

Nov 16, 2005
well i finally got it up and running today. the problem was the floats were not seated just right. thanks for all of you guys advice though.

Top Bottom