goldman15

Jun 9, 2001
Just cleaned my Kips valves put new rings in my bike. However, in 1st, 2nd and sometimes 3rd gear it has good throttle respones but will not rev. In other words when I crack the throttle in these gears it just dies after the initial surge. In 4th gear on up it revs fine. Is this normal for a KDX since I bought the bike new I am not sure? Or does it signify a jetting problem? If it is a jetting problem what should I do based on the problem described? Thanks

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
??You know how it ran before, right? I assume it's different now? Then it's not 'normal for a kdx', right?

Based on the problem as described, I'd be wondering what I did wrong to the KIPS on reassy.

Check the timing marks on the RH side between the two rods. Take the pipe off, check the opening of the subport valves when you manually acutate the system using the nut under the slotted COVER on the LH side.

What does 'will not rev' mean? It's 4-stroking? Firing clean but just won't GO?

ps I'm not sure about the slotted cover part on a '95. In any case, check the timing/assy of the KIPS.

goldman15

Jun 9, 2001
No I should have clarified in my first post that the bike has run like this since I bought it used last year. It is not the choke and the KIPS valves were cleaned by the dealer. By not reving I mean it bogs 3/4 of the way thru 1st and 2nd, 3rd gear. Where should I start with the jetting since 4th and 5th and 6th are fine (at least I think I have no other bike or more specifically KDX to compare it to.) Thanks

Top Bottom