Join a Local Chapter, {bbusername} !

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
I'm in the Eastern N.Carolina area but I go back to NW Georgia when I can (not nearly often enough). I am pretty sure that the nearest DRN'ers to me are in the Charlotte area and that's about 4 hours on wheels.

sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
headshot347 said:
Ya i would like to join a chapter. And as for location some where over the rainbow just so happens to be in northern Florida.
where in north florida?
i am trying to get people to ride with on weekends
check out southern chapters for ride dates if its close to you

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
I would never join a chapter that would have me as a member.
Unless Lorin is a member, then I would have to.

Last edited by a moderator:

mhardee

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 17, 2002
OldMaiconut said:
I would never join a chapter that would have me as a member.

I resemble that... OldMaicoNut - that's what I am! Last Maico was a 79 450 - aluminum tank - double shock.. Oldest was a 70 or 72 501...

God, I wish I still has my 79!

Mark

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
Seems that no one in this area knows how to use the internet. . . None of the guys I ride with visit this site regularly in spite of my "talking it up".

I mean, geez - my office still has DIAL UP (Not my fault - I've been trying for two years to get my boss to upgrade but he can't see how spending $90.00/mo is worth it.

Then again, he's never actually used broadband. . .

I'm on the West Virginia/Ohio border directly west of Charleston for those who aren't aware.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Check out the different forums. Each region of the country have lots of members that lurk but don't post much. Start a thread and see where it goes. The Local Chapters is all about friends and riding. It just takes effort and not a lot of it. If you have a group and want to set up a home, let me know. I'll get with Okie to get you set up. Have fun and let us know what you have going on.
Brian

just_a_rider

Jul 25, 2006
I live in North Carolina and never realy new any thing about the chapters, Ive just goten back into this after stopping in the late 80's after a my crank fail and no money to fix it. I'm into MX and am at the local track often but I never talk to any one, I realy feel outa place at 39 years old. :(

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
just_a_rider said:
I live in North Carolina and never realy new any thing about the chapters, Ive just goten back into this after stopping in the late 80's after a my crank fail and no money to fix it. I'm into MX and am at the local track often but I never talk to any one, I realy feel outa place at 39 years old. :(
Do you ever get near the ocean for a ride? As far as I know, there aren't many tracks between us. I am not too much younger than you, and frequent Crystal Coast(MX58), JMP, Half Moon, and (as of today) Haw Branch.
I also know that there are a couple of members here that are in the Charlotte area.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
john stu said:
any reason i was singled out and then ...................no replys to my questions
It only appears that you have been singled out. In fact, this thread has been designed to single out everybody. Unfortunately, i do not know the answer to your questions, but if you post them to the forum of the chapter that you are interested in joining, I am sure that somebody there can help.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
John, was your question "how to join a chapter?" If so, it's simple. To become a Damn Yankee all you need to do is be willing to be one.

If you want to have a group name listed next to your username. Go to your user CP and take a look at your group membership. You can join any group listed there.
We generally have rides at Paragon Adventure Park two to three times a year. We are open to suggestions for places to go too.

olthesav

Aug 25, 2006
Tell me more or drop me a PM about this local chapter thing,
I do lotal motocross once a month and ride in teh woods at weekends, have done a few enduros in teh past too, our local track is little silver moto parc at Exeter,, Devon UK

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
olthesav said:
Tell me more or drop me a PM about this local chapter thing,
I do lotal motocross once a month and ride in teh woods at weekends, have done a few enduros in teh past too, our local track is little silver moto parc at Exeter,, Devon UK
Talk to your buds and get a group together. You could be the first European Chapter. You would have to host a Spodefest for all of the other chapters. ;) Overall it is simple, DRN is just a place to get info, talk about places to ride, bench race and have fun. Give it shot.
BTW, Support Team members are the only ones that can use the PM feature. Less than a liter of fuel, give it a shot.

just_a_rider

Jul 25, 2006
Fru I live in central NC in Albemarle and due to my job as a local truck driver pulling 12 to 13 hours a day 5 days a week I don't get to travel and don't realy feel like driving no where else after a week of work and 2200 miles. The track I've been going to is only about 5 miles from where I live, very conveniant. www.robbinsridgemotorsports.com I've just gotten started back in 06 mainly practicing here at home at my pract track but when the track referbishing is done there I plan to be there every chance chance I get.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
I understand, I used to drive myself. Even still, I don't like to drive very far to ride, typically an hour is my limit. I now have 4 tracks within 45 minutes of my house, 3 are within 20. I did, however, bookmark the robbinsridge site in the event that I feel the urge to head that way.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
OKAY so I'm up for it!

South end of Lake Michigan, never been trail riding, except when I was young and had to ride to different areas to practice! Still playing with my busted collarbone and am doing allot of spectating! This weekend I believe we'll be going to Motoplex and waving to Mully when we speed through columbia!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002

Racesmith

Nov 15, 2006
I am ready to join a local chapter or help start one. I am however, recovering from an injury... (later post). Let me know what needs to be done. I usually ride trials with some light track riding, but I will ride anywhere. Most of the trial riding is one or two hour drive away. There is High Falls SX 15 mins down the road.

:)

Top Bottom