rnsspencertx

Dec 18, 2006
I got my first issue with the bike not starting when hot, it was the clutch adjustment

Now I have a new problem. It was running great my older son (5 years old) took off on it like a champ and had no problems. I let my 4 year old boy take a spin on it and he got scared wouldn't let off the gas and laid it down in the yard. Ever since then it has been hard to get running and keep running. Later that same day I got my older boy back on it and it seemed like it was bogging down and flooding out so I put it up for the day. Now today I went out to get him on it again and it will not start at all, I can hear the bike crank but it never acts like it wants to start. It is getting fuel cause the plug gets wet after a few kicks. I think it is not getting spark. It has a new coil and new plug, I even tried the old coil and another new plug and nothing worked.

Is there a test that can be done like checking ohms at the coil or on the wire coming from the magneto or something else to try and diagnose this or does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do or what else to check?

Any help to get the little one riding again is appreciated.

rnsspencertx

Dec 18, 2006
I got it fixed, just thought I would post in case some one else had a similar issue.

I ended up pulling the cover off of the magneto and found the points (i think it's what it was, please correct me if I am wrong) on the right side of the magneto through on eof the slots there was a spring loaded arm with a two contacts, I flipped the spring arm a couple of time and cranked the bike by hand and it fired up. I then cleaned the contacts a little better and put it back together and it has been running great ever since.

Top Bottom