July 17-20 is the date. Fox Valley Offroad

Which weekend(s) do you prefer for the Fox Valley Offroad Ride? (can select several)

• Total voters

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
It's almost April and I need to schedule my getaway time from work. Is anyone up for Wardy's?? June or July?
What works for everyone?

B

biglou

I get my vacation on May 29th, so anytime after that should be good for me. I do not want to miss two years in a row after never missing one!

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Do we shoot for a MegaX weekend? If so these are some dates for June and July....
6-7, 6-21, 7-19

I'm open to pretty much any weekend as long as it's dry :whoa:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Heck yeah I'm up for a DRN Fox Valley ride! This will be the 7th year already! First one was in 2002.... damn!

6/7, 6/21, and 7/19 all should work for me.... Red will be there if he can sneak away from work... and I'm sure Donny (swamprat) and Stacy (buko) will try to make it as well. :ride:

Who else is in, and what weekends are preferred?

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
Hey we can do it on a HS weekend if any of you are game for some woods riding? LOL But anytime is fine for sure, only weekend we can't is june 8th as it's rented for a honda dirt days event from fox valley honda. But that is on a sunday and you guys usually cut loose Saturday so thats doable to!.

B

biglou

I'd like to do it on a Mega-X race weekend, now that I think of it. But that's not a deal-breaker for me.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I have a new boss this year so I might actually get the vacation days I request. Let me know when you guys are planning it. I'd love to have someplace "real" to ride my trials bike.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Looks like Rich beat me to the post button! Rich.... hope you can finally make it this year! :cool:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I spent a week working in Streator last summer and it killed me knowing Wardy's was just down the road, but I wasn't going riding :(

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
Wardys this year?

Can't even remember when we did it last year. Is it too early to plan?

All I know is, the summer schedule is filling up fast with other competing events, co workers laying claims to blocks of time for their family vacation, etc.

Jeez, i'm so out of shape from winter, even one day of "normal" dirt biking would be a real shock to my body (but fun!)

Hope all is well with my DRN friends...

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Looks like it's in the works... would be the 7th year for the DRN Fox Valley ride! Possible weekends being considered are June 5-7, June 19-22, July 17-20... all of which are Megacross race weekends (Saturday night). Or maybe a FVOR hare scramble weekend, or another June or July weekend........ preferences????

B

biglou

Should we move this to the STM forum since Moltenmetal brought it up out there? I can't wait for some mini-moto! That is more fun than humans should be allowed to have!

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
June 5 - 7th, I'll be at the Perry Mountain 24 Hour Challenge, in Alabama.
Ken

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
I am pretty much open except for the June 7 weekend.

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
very few weekends for me available, and softball hasn't started yet!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Poll - Dates for 7th Annual DRN Fox Valley Offroad Ride!

****UPDATE - POLL ADDED****

Vote for which weekend(s) you prefer for the 7th Annual DRN Fox Valley Offroad Ride. You can vote for several weekends. FVOR is located in Wedron, IL, at Wardy's riding park. :ride:

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
7-19 for me.

To any newcomers, this gathering tends to end up with the "Big" night chowing down and hanging around the campfire to be Friday night. Some folks leave on Saturday, some stay...some race when there are Megacross races Sat. night. This layout/schedule isn't a bad thing as i've been able to still have some time at home before starting the work week again. There may be people arriving as early as Wednesday?

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom